Share price rises over 5%

Guest smoggeordie

I think this maybe whats sparked the rise.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/6600255.stm

So any `loose` clubs who havent been hovered up recently are going up in price.  Its not just nufc.

Allen at Southampton, Kroenke at Arsenal, the Thai at Citeh, it all adds life to the sector.  Spurs are definitely getting a lot of interest at the present time, up another 5.37% today making 28.57% in the last 2 weeks which is pretty spectacular by any stretch of the imagination.  Spurs have also bought back over 116k shares at Nil Trading Charge which effectively increase's Enic's percentage share.

Should get even more interesting in late September/early October when Enic take up the shares not purchased in the rights issue which was underwritten by Enic.  That will take their holding to around 52%, bringing the time for Levy to sell that much closer (imo).

Article in the business pages today about the general rise in football stocks. The rise in price is about the same across all floated clubs.

Newcastle's has gone from 63p to 74p in 2 weeks, Spurs from 84p to £1.08 in the same time.  It'll be interesting to see how they've fared in another 2 weeks time and whether that is reflected across the sector.  There are some, like Newcastle and Spurs, who should always be a more attractive takeover proposition than say Watford or Sheff Utd and their increase in the share price compared to less attractive teams should reflect that.

Well i think that might change if sheff u  stay up.  watch there shares on monday if they get a point at villa.

Have a look at birminghman city this week. 

tbh i would think that those 2 clubs would be easier to take over than nufc.  Every one knows that the halls/shepherds want top dollar for their shares.

Well i think that might change if sheff u  stay up.  watch there shares on monday if they get a point at villa.

Have a look at birminghman city this week. 

tbh i would think that those 2 clubs would be easier to take over than nufc.  Every one knows that the halls/shepherds want top dollar for their shares.

As does Levy.  None of them have got the money they have today by being philanthropic! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Article in the business pages today about the general rise in football stocks. The rise in price is about the same across all floated clubs.

Newcastle's has gone from 63p to 74p in 2 weeks, Spurs from 84p to £1.08 in the same time.  It'll be interesting to see how they've fared in another 2 weeks time and whether that is reflected across the sector.  There are some, like Newcastle and Spurs, who should always be a more attractive takeover proposition than say Watford or Sheff Utd and their increase in the share price compared to less attractive teams should reflect that.

Newcastle's share price is now 81p (up 9.45%), Spurs is up 23.61% at 123.5p.  Newcastle's increase probably reflects Big Sam's appointment, Spurs' on continued takeover rumours, this time an American consortium.  I still think Levy will be gone by the end of the year.