Liverpool Fans that Didn't Get In Last Night......

Guest nufc_geordie

So which ones are these then? These gentlemen of football violence, engaging in the admittedly long-running tradition of kicking the shit out of each other for fun?

Same gangs who batter llone peoplle walking home from town......hey, they weren't to know that kicking someone in the head could kill them eh?

Guest Geordiesned

Sky Sports News showed footage earlier of a Liverpool fan atttacking another Liverpool fan outside the stadium, running to the entrance and getting in past the line of coppers as a few chased him. The lad who was closest to him was stopped getting in by the coppers despite his protests that the other lad had just mugged someone. Fucking scum!

Anyone who either got in without a ticket, robbed someone elses, charged the police to get in (regardless if they had a genuine ticket or not) or scaled the fences should remember their actions next time they engage in a bit of public mourning for the Hillsbrough 96.

Guest Geordiesned

By the way did anyone happen to recognise the Liverpool fan, from Yorkshire, who ITV were following about as he tried to get a ticket for the game? He has very close links to the club over the past couple of weeks.

Any of you who have a degree of feeling towards the club, I implore you to watch this link, best fans in the world here........"there's no crowd like the Liverpool fans".

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/champions/es/desarrollo/997870.html

A bit more to add to that aswell.

http://motiono.com/watch/UNMMiRTO

1 minute 48 secs in. Recognise him? :lol:

Aye I recognised him. It was one of the lads who filmed Shepherd on their mobile last week over the Owen thing. One of the lads who was shamed by his own Liverpool fans on other message boards as being a thieving little bastard for ripping off fans with an internet scam.

Sky Sports News showed footage earlier of a Liverpool fan atttacking another Liverpool fan outside the stadium, running to the entrance and getting in past the line of coppers as a few chased him. The lad who was closest to him was stopped getting in by the coppers despite his protests that the other lad had just mugged someone. f****** scum!

Anyone who either got in without a ticket, robbed someone elses, charged the police to get in (regardless if they had a genuihne ticket or not) or scaled the fences should remember their actions nerxt time they engage in a bit of public mourning for the Hillsbrough 96.

Brilliant post mate, said it all really.  They're the scum of this nation as far as I'm concerned.  Why is it EVERY TIME, and they have the audacity to say they're the best fans in this nation because they sing a few songs in CL Semi's. 

Guest Geordie Gaz

Any of you who have a degree of feeling towards the club, I implore you to watch this link, best fans in the world here........"there's no crowd like the Liverpool fans".

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/champions/es/desarrollo/997870.html

A bit more to add to that aswell.

http://motiono.com/watch/UNMMiRTO

1 minute 48 secs in. Recognise him? :lol:

I wasn't sure tbf. Google did though

http://koptalkinsider.wordpress.com/2007/04/24/

Thought they were being made out to be Newcastle fans? ???

Edit: Heh, I really should read ahead before replying :blush:

Does make you wonder what did actually happen at Hillsborough though. Could have easily been the same last night.

FFS, it's obvious what happened. It's always been obvious but some people are taken in by the bleating wankers.

Does make you wonder what did actually happen at Hillsborough though. Could have easily been the same last night.

FFS, it's obvious what happened. It's always been obvious but some people are taken in by the bleating wankers.

and a particularly thorough inquiry?

and a particularly thorough inquiry?

You can point the finger of blame at anyone you like but the fact is if the drunken bastards hadn't been there without tickets pissed out of their minds trying to force their way into the ground the police wouldn't have had a decision to get wrong.

I've no affiliation with the plods, hate them in fact, but the deaths that day were down to Liverpool fans and that's the end of it.

Oh, if that's the end of it I'll stop wasting your valuable time, you should have headed the enquiry, that would have saved loads of money "dem were drunkkk liiiike......" etc.

Guest Scouseman

A few facts from the Taylor Report

Were Fans Without Tickets a Major Factor in the Build-Up?

200. It has become a fact of football life that fans do turn up at all-ticket matches without tickets. It is not possible to give an accurate figure or even a reliable estimate of the number without tickets on 15 April. Police estimates varied from about 200 to about 2,000. There were certainly frequent requests for tickets or "spares" during the hours before the build-up. Many of those warned off by the police were seen to return to the area. Some were hanging about on the bridge. Again, however, the police witnesses who most impressed me did not consider the number of ticketless fans to be inordinately large. This accords with two other sources of evidence.

201. First, there was a wide range of witnesses who observed inside the ground that the Liverpool end was at a late stage well below capacity save for pens 3 and 4. The north stand still had many empty seats and the wing pens were sparse. The match being a sell-out, there were clearly many ticket holders to come and they could account for the large crowd still outside the turnstiles. Had the Liverpool accomodation been full by 2.40pm, one could have inferred that most or much of the large crowd outside lacked tickets.

202. Secondly, such figures as are available from the Club's electronic monitoring system and from analyses by the HSE suggest that no great number entered without tickets. They show that the number who passed through turnstiles A to G plus those who entered through gate C roughly equalled the terrace capacity figure of 10,100 for which tickets had been sold. The Club's record showed 7,038 passed through turnstiles A to G. However, the counting mechanism on turnstile G was defective, so the HSE did a study using the video film and projecting figures from the other turnstiles. This gave an assessment of 7,494, with a maximum of 7,644 passing through A to G. Again, using the video, the HSE assessed the number who entered the ground whilst gate C was open at 2,240 with a maximum of 2,480. Accordingly, the HSE's best estimate of the total entering through gate C and turnstiles A to G was 9,734 with a maximum of 10,124. I recognise that these can only be rough checks because, for example, some with terrace tickets were allowed through turnstiles 1 to 16 and there would be other similar factors which have not formed part of the assessment. Nevertheless, the figures do suggest that there was not a very significant body of ticketless fans in the crowd which built up.

A few facts from the Taylor Report

Were Fans Without Tickets a Major Factor in the Build-Up?

200. It has become a fact of football life that fans do turn up at all-ticket matches without tickets. It is not possible to give an accurate figure or even a reliable estimate of the number without tickets on 15 April. Police estimates varied from about 200 to about 2,000. There were certainly frequent requests for tickets or "spares" during the hours before the build-up. Many of those warned off by the police were seen to return to the area. Some were hanging about on the bridge. Again, however, the police witnesses who most impressed me did not consider the number of ticketless fans to be inordinately large. This accords with two other sources of evidence.

201. First, there was a wide range of witnesses who observed inside the ground that the Liverpool end was at a late stage well below capacity save for pens 3 and 4. The north stand still had many empty seats and the wing pens were sparse. The match being a sell-out, there were clearly many ticket holders to come and they could account for the large crowd still outside the turnstiles. Had the Liverpool accomodation been full by 2.40pm, one could have inferred that most or much of the large crowd outside lacked tickets.

202. Secondly, such figures as are available from the Club's electronic monitoring system and from analyses by the HSE suggest that no great number entered without tickets. They show that the number who passed through turnstiles A to G plus those who entered through gate C roughly equalled the terrace capacity figure of 10,100 for which tickets had been sold. The Club's record showed 7,038 passed through turnstiles A to G. However, the counting mechanism on turnstile G was defective, so the HSE did a study using the video film and projecting figures from the other turnstiles. This gave an assessment of 7,494, with a maximum of 7,644 passing through A to G. Again, using the video, the HSE assessed the number who entered the ground whilst gate C was open at 2,240 with a maximum of 2,480. Accordingly, the HSE's best estimate of the total entering through gate C and turnstiles A to G was 9,734 with a maximum of 10,124. I recognise that these can only be rough checks because, for example, some with terrace tickets were allowed through turnstiles 1 to 16 and there would be other similar factors which have not formed part of the assessment. Nevertheless, the figures do suggest that there was not a very significant body of ticketless fans in the crowd which built up.

I think either yourself or someone else has posted this before as though it's the be all and end all. Well it's not the case, it's just a report and like every report it's there to be questioned unless someone is dumb enough to think every report into every event is totally correct and gospel. These are opinions offered by someone under pressure to provide a scapegoat. People should pack in posting extracts from this but they won't because it's used by Liverpool supporters like some kind of crutch to pass on responsibility. Words like "suggest," "projecting," "assessment," "rough checks," etc etc. Facts, my arse. It's a serious subject so try not to make me laugh.

Anyway, a question for you.

If fans had not turned up and attempted to force their way into the ground would the event have occured?

Would the plod have opened the doors had they not been trying to force their way inside?

Liverpool fans need to accept some responsibility for their actions but as usual they fail to do so.

Long story short, there were not a significant number of ticketless supporters.

Long story short, they were trying to force their way into the ground forcing someone to make a decision that turned out to be a bad one.