What does NE5 (Leazesmag) think of Ashley and Shepherd's imminent departure?

Guest Dan

who has absorbed the debt accrued by the development of the stadium.

I don't expect Ashley to throw loads of money at the club. I expect that is why a lot of people wanted him, but this isnt' fair. Its a bonus if he does that.

In debt because the Halls borrowed against future season ticket sales to pay Cameron Hall Developments. Who then had the brass neck after the last seat had been in place less 6 months, to want to build a new stadium!!!! Dougie also manned the NUFC Gibraltar operations?!?! Does Mort know about the office we have in this tax free haven. The Halls made 10's of millions off the back Newcastle United getting into debt. It makes Fred & the leasing of the warehouse seem like small change!!!

"It is worth recalling here a few of the lowlights from Mr Shepherd's own career. Let's go back eight years, when his company, Shepherd Offshore plc, sold a warehouse, quite legally it should be said, to his brother, Bruce, for £175,000. Newcastle then did a 17-year deal with Bruce Shepherd to store their merchandise in the warehouse at an annual rent of £150,000. That is £2.5 million. "

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Columnists/Column/0,4284,1456030,00.html

I expect the club will not be run  in a benefactor mode as many assume but as a business that is self supporting, once the debt is gone.

I can think we can safely assume that NUFC's Gibraltar operations are being wound down  :lol:

This new board are full of s***, they talk about promoting the NUFC "Brand" oversea's yet close down our oversea's development branch the first chance they get! :lol:

Bang goes the Spanish connection. This will probably be the last time we deal with Barcelona.

to clarify,  are you saying that it wasn't Shepherd who appointed Allardyce ?

No, not at all.  I am however sayig that sucess in future is not necessarily down to only Shepherd, as this time he is not doing the appointing, and then the follow up backing and sacking on his own.  The previous two managerial reigns are all his however, he can take full credit for those if you like.

of course, along with the first time in over 50 years that NUFC had finished in the top 5 for 3 consecutive seasons with Bobby Robson as manager, but don't try to change history if it doesn't suit you

If Ashley doesn't back his managers any more than the Halls and Shepherd did, and we are successful, what does that tell you ?

FWIW, I have wanted Allardyce since Bobby Robson left, and so I think he will be successful whoever the chairman and owner is. Obviously if Ashley throws money at the club, he has a better chance, but I wouldn't bank on that, you shouldn't expect him to.

I wasn't even addressing you, I was pointing out no-one should expect you to concede we're better off without Shepherd's total control because every feasible scenario can reflect favourably on Shepherd in your world.

I have never thought Shepherd was in total control, and have said so on numerous occasions.

Likewise. He was mostly a mouthpiece, or the public face of the Halls' behind-the-scenes policies with Douglas Hall being a vastly underestimated boardroom powerplayer - at least from many a supporters' standpoint - in recent years.