Leeds to start League One 15 points adrift

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

It's good to see that at least at some level English football is sticking to it's principals and not bowing to the popular vote (ie giving in to teams with a large fanbase/lots of money).

Leeds will survive this and be a stronger club because of it. They'll bounce back and their real supporters will have a great time while they do.

It's good to see that at least at some level English football is sticking to it's principals and not bowing to the popular vote (ie giving in to teams with a large fanbase/lots of money).

Leeds will survive this and be a stronger club because of it. They'll bounce back and their real supporters will have a great time while they do.

Aye, easy for the FA to come down hard on a team that isn't loaded with fresh new Premiership money.

How long before Farsley Celtic pass 'em by?  :lol:

They could play each other in 2008/09.

Carl Serrant plays for them btw.

Farsley Celtic are the biggest set of wankers ever  :rant:

John Beresford had spells with 2 teams in Ossett by the way.

no doubt many on here will have mates who are good type leeds fans,however my experience of leeds fans is mostly negative (on match days and on none match days when we've had nights out in leeds).

i'd like leeds to go as far down as possible without going extinct.

i wonder if many others who went to leeds in the early 80's feel the same way ?

Guest Hodgson09

Sad Sad day really, they could honestly vanish as a football club. It was funny at first, but it has gone past the point of being funny.

I would rather have the london clubs go down than the northern clubs tbh.

Could have been us, if Freddy stuck around.

Those poor fans, imagine if that were Newcastle. The fans must be baying for blood.

Sad Sad day really, they could honestly vanish as a football club. It was funny at first, but it has gone past the point of being funny.

I would rather have the london clubs go down than the northern clubs tbh.

Could have been us, if Freddy stuck around.

Those poor fans, imagine if that were Newcastle. The fans must be baying for blood.

how could they vanish? they can takle the 15 point penalty and play on.

why not pity the poor bloody creditors bates has tried to rip off !

Under almost any other curcumstance this would not be a laughing matter... but then the Leeds supporters have a very high tosser contingent and then there is Kevin Bates... no worse can describe how despicable this man is.

Under almost any other curcumstance this would not be a laughing matter... but then the Leeds supporters have a very high tosser contingent and then there is Kevin Bates... no worse can describe how despicable this man is.

Who is Kevin Bates?

no doubt many on here will have mates who are good type leeds fans,however my experience of leeds fans is mostly negative (on match days and on none match days when we've had nights out in leeds).

i'd like leeds to go as far down as possible without going extinct.

i wonder if many others who went to leeds in the early 80's feel the same way ?

I used to always say I wouldn't be content until Sunderland were playing their local derbies with Gatesheed, And if Gatesheed ever got relegated, then so be it, let the mackems follow 'em.  :lol: :cheesy: :lol:

feel sorry for them to be honest. a big club with a long and distinguished history that might well cease to exist cos of the mismanagement of the business by those on the board.

regardless of your feelings on leeds its a sad state of affairs for any big club to be in.

personally I don't bear a grudge against the side and would be happy to see them back in the premiership.

Guest MIKELMAN11

Just when they thought it can't get any worse, it did :lol:

Now thats going to be one difficult game to start in FM 2008, 15 points down, no money, s*** players, s*** staff, etc..

And i thought starting as newcastle on fm2007 with 159k or whatever it was and having to somehow rebuild the defence was hard enough , but being serious i know someone who is a leeds fan and he thought they would be out of business in the summer so it wont come as a shock to him . 

I'm surprised that any fan of football could be happy about this. Big club with a great tradition, and they should be in the prem. Could have happened to many clubs so far, and could easily happen to a couple more in the future. Be careful what you laugh at.

blueyes.gif

Guest microbar

Sad news for a once great club,

Bates has messed up big time,

Hope an appeal will reduce the points deduction,

I don't think Bates has been as bad as people make out for Leeds, if they get the appeal reduced to less than -10 points then they've managed to wipe out the debt and could go straight back up. 2 seasons ago he backed the manager with money and they were 90 minutes away from the premiership.

Ridsdale is the one who destroyed them, when he took over Leeds they probably had the most potential of any club in the country with little debt, good training facilities, their own stadium and the best academy in England and he left them with nothing but £100m debt AFTER every asset they had was sold.