Rozehnal's pre-season performances

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

Like Geremi he too has impressed. He's not a great defender and there are a few things he and the coaching staff will have to work on, but he's assured, reads the game well and has good pace. He seems to prefer passing the ball out of defence as well. He looks like another good signing based on his pre-season performances and I also like the fact he too talks and communicates with his team-mates. I can see him becoming a solid Premiership player for us.

Looks a good partner for Taylor.

Very cerebral, reads the game very well and play with a level head. Looking forward to seeing how he and Taylor deal with Bolton next week.

It'll be interesting to see how he deals with the faster pace of the Premiership compared to the walking pace some of our pre season games have been.

When are you gonna be back in positive mode again? Just so I know. :lol:

HTT the most important bit you mentioned was about his passing. Gone are the days where we can guarentee Bramble will launch the ball in the gereral direction of the opposition goal. Rozzy always looks calm and composed, when was the last time we had a defender of hos sort...... woodgate?

It'll be interesting to see how he deals with the faster pace of the Premiership compared to the walking pace some of our pre season games have been.

What have I said that you don't agree with Dave?

Where did I say I disagreed with your point?

So what was your point exactly? That I'm not getting weak at the knee's over a player I've never seen before apart from a few slow paced friendlies?

So what was your point exactly? That I'm not getting weak at the knee's over a player I've never seen before apart from a few slow paced friendlies?

Yes.

I thought the tempo was high today. There, i disagree with that.

I thought the tempo was high today. There, i disagree with that.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

He is the proverbial "Ice man" of our defence, good to have these different elements in our squad.

Guest Knightrider

What concerns me is that sometimes he'll take charge, go rushing out of position (ala Boumsong) and get spun or overpowered as he isn't the strongest. He did this once or twice today but made up for it using his pace to get back into position. He needs to stay back and allow whoever is playing alongside him to do the "attacking", particularly Taylor as that's what he thrives on. And hopefully should Taylor slip up, Rozehnal's reading of the game (his biggest asset for me) will make up for it. Perhaps he just wants to impress or take charge and this will eventually recede once he's fully settled and adapted to the Premiership.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Once Allardyce gets coaching him more extensively he will recede faster thaan Shearer's hairline.

Guest Knightrider

Dave's right, the tempo was quite high and at times almost Premiership like. Sampdoria tried to play it about quickly and were right up for it judging by some of their tackling, although when one of wor lot put in a tackle they frustratingly went down like flies at times.

Looking good.

Better than i expected. A great option and perfect partner for Taylor next season, from what i've seen so far, but like Baggio has said, we need to judge him against EPL opposition before we can start really licking his balls.

Guest LucaAltieri

I'm happy to hear he's playing well... nice to know he's got a bit of pace as well...

... anyone still fancy Sol or Hyypia?  :huff: