How many leagues are there in the premiership?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

I know we have had this discussion before, but i think the premiership is evolving from the last time we discussed it.

The way i see it now is:

1) Champions League + Big Money

Chelsea

Man Utd

Liverpool

2) Champions League

Arsenal

3) Big Money Investment

Newcastle

West Ham

Man City

Portsmouth

Aston Villa

Tottenham

4)Good Managers/ reasonable turnovers

(Everton and Blackburn are an anomoly at the moment as they have forged a good squad and have decent managers. For Everton now the Rooney money has finished they will from now on rely on sales to make big purchases. I envisage them being top 8 for the next 2 seasons, however with no investment(which they might get once the tesco stadium is up and running) they will slowly drop down the league to mid table mediocrity.Blackburn will do well to hold on to Hughes, he hold the key to their success.

5) Resonably big turnover/Decent squad

Middlesborough

Bolton

6) The rest

The teams i havn't mentioned i believe will be yo-yoing around the bottom of the premiership and it could be anyone of these that could go down. If Sunderland stay in the premiership i think they will survive for quite a few years as they will be able to consolidate there position with there investment and the fact that players will have more faith that they are going to stay in the league will make them more attractive

So in conclusion i believe there to be 6 leagues within the current premiership

I know we have had this discussion before, but i think the premiership is evolving from the last time we discussed it.

The way i see it now is:

Chelsea

Man Utd

Liverpool

2) Champions League

Arsenal

3) Big Money Investment

Newcastle

West Ham

Man City

Portsmouth

Aston Villa

Tottenham

(Everton and Blackburn are an anomoly at the moment as they have forged a good squad and have decent managers. For Everton now the Rooney money has finished they will from now on rely on sales to make big purchases. I envisage them being top 8 for the next 2 seasons, however with no investment(which they might get once the tesco stadium is up and running) they will slowly drop down the league to mid table mediocrity.Blackburn will do well to hold on to Hughes, he hold the key to their success.

Middlesborough

Bolton

6) The rest

The teams i havn't mentioned i believe will be yo-yoing around the bottom of the premiership and it could be anyone of these that could go down. If Sunderland stay in the premiership i think they will survive for quite a few years as they will be able to consolidate there position with there investment and the fact that players will have more faith that they are going to stay in the league will make them more attractive

I thought the point of splitting the premier league into 'mini leagues' was to group teams together who compete with each other for similar spots in the league!!

Does this mean there is absolutely no matter how Arsenal play there is absolutely no chance of them finishing anything other than 4th!

Guest sicko2ndbest

One.

mackems.gif !

The way i see it now is:

Chelsea

Man Utd

Liverpool

2) Champions League

Arsenal

3) Big Money Investment

Newcastle

West Ham

Man City

Portsmouth

Aston Villa

Tottenham

Middlesborough

Bolton

6) The rest

I thought the point of splitting the premier league into 'mini leagues' was to group teams together who compete with each other for similar spots in the league!!

Does this mean there is absolutely no matter how Arsenal play there is absolutely no chance of them finishing anything other than 4th!

No mate just an opinion about how the premiership is sub categorised. It is the same in a lot of divisions, some clubs are richer than others.

My point is however that the subcategories within the premiership are expanding, and that it is now only possible that 3 from about 6 teams will go down!