NUFC missing a Right Winger

Guest SLK

Who are those FINE WINGERS with no blistering pace ?

Nobby Solano

Beckham was never a winger, he was a right sided midfielder.

You keep proving to everyone that you LACK COMPREHENSION and this time you also show that you lake understanding of football...

You honestly think Beckham and Solano were as Milner is when they were 21 years of age ? F***ing hell, how on earth you compare the skill and magic of the former two players with Milner ? Talk about NUFC blindness...

Milner is a good player, who can hopefully develop further. He does not have blistering pace, but neither do a lot of fine wingers.

We have other players in other positions who are inferior to Milner at what they do. Maybe soem fans should turn their attention to THEM, first.

Beckham, Joe Cole, Figo, Solano, Waddle etc etc off the top of my head. They must be poor wingers cause the've got no pace?   

Milners as quick as Cole and quicker than the others mentioned. Just because  he's not as quick as the SWP's, Lennons and Dyer's doesn't mean he is slow. He's quicker than most right backs and can beat them, cross or shoot, as well as get back and help which is the most important thing isn't it?

He's probably our most creative player! Lets get rid!

Go back and read the thread from page 1...Don't want to waste my time on you...

Milner is a good player, who can hopefully develop further. He does not have blistering pace, but neither do a lot of fine wingers.

We have other players in other positions who are inferior to Milner at what they do. Maybe soem fans should turn their attention to THEM, first.

Beckham, Solano, Robert (on his day). There's 3. two of whom were the best crossers of the ball i've seen int he premiership.

You call those three FINE ? OK because I thought they were WORLDCLASS not just fine...OK if those three are FINE then Milner must be SH*T in comparison to be fair...So your whole argument that fine wingers don't need pace is only valid if you have extra magic and skill and sadly Milner is no where even close to the above and it is a disgrace to even compare him to them....

You honestly think Beckham and Solano were as Milner is when they were 21 years of age ? F***ing hell, how on earth you compare the skill and magic of the former two players with Milner ? Talk about NUFC blindness...

I only mentioned Nobby, Nob Neck.  I quoted some else for Beckham.  Have you got comprehension problems? O0

If you class Nobbay as true  world "CLASS" Player.  How come he has only played for NUFC, Villa, WHU & Boca Juniors and not one of the top european sides like AC Milan, Man u or Real Madrid?

I dont have toon tinted geps. 

None of you folks who think Milner is not good/quick enough have still not come up with a reasonable replacement other than SWP.

Beckham, Solano, Robert (on his day). There's 3. two of whom were the best crossers of the ball i've seen int he premiership.

You call those three FINE ? OK because I thought they were WORLDCLASS not just fine...OK if those three are FINE then Milner must be SH*T in comparison to be fair...So your whole argument that fine wingers don't need pace is only valid if you have extra magic and skill and sadly Milner is no where even close to the above and it is a disgrace to even compare him to them....

Well done misunderstood the word "fine" as used in that context, AND misunderstood the argument. Carry on.

Being two of the best crossers the Premiership has seen more than makes up for their lack of pace, Milner on the other hand is a fairly average crosser so the comparison is pointless.

I only mentioned Nobby, Nob Neck.  I quoted some else for Beckham.  Have you got comprehension problems? O0

If you class Nobbay as true  world "CLASS" Player.  How come he has only played for NUFC, Villa, WHU & Boca Juniors and not one of the top european sides like AC Milan, Man u or Real Madrid?

I dont have toon tinted geps. 

None of you folks who think Milner is not good/quick enough have still not come up with a reasonable replacement other than SWP.

Do you class Shearer as a World class player?

What about Batistuta?

Theory shot to pieces tbh.

Cant believe you thought I was serious.  :yikes:

Shearer stayed with us because he was playing for his home town team..  Something very important to Newcastle fans. 

You still haven't come up with a sensible alternitive to Milner playing RW if SA decides that 442 is the way he wants to play. 

I am still waiting.

Theory shot to pieces tbh.

Cant believe you thought I was serious.   :yikes:

Shearer stayed with us because he was playing for his home town team..  Something very important to Newcastle fans. 

You still haven't come up with a sensible alternitive to Milner playing RW if SA decides that 442 is the way he wants to play. 

I am still waiting.

I wasn't aware it was my job to name alternatives, even though I've already named SWP who was supposed to be available for £10 million in the summer.

I

wasn't aware it was my job to name alternatives, even though I've already named SWP who was supposed to be available for £10 million in the summer.

SWP.  Dear me.  ;D  So your saying we should have went out and spent 10 mil on SWP even tho we've got a RW at the club already?  You've been to much FM me thinks.

Are you really not prepared to give Milner a chance in a settled team and in his correct position to see what he can do/achieve?

I

wasn't aware it was my job to name alternatives, even though I've already named SWP who was supposed to be available for £10 million in the summer.

SWP.  Dear me.  ;D  So your saying we should have went out and spent 10 mil on SWP even tho we've got a RW at the club already?  You've been to much FM me thinks.

Are you really not prepared to give Milner a chance in a settled team and in his correct position to see what he can do/achieve?

I'd spend £10 million on SWP because I rate him that highly, he's a far better player than Milner and offers far more to the team, if we want to improve then we have to spend money in doing so, nice FM dig there though, most people do that when they're losing an argument.

If you can't see Milner's limitations like the majority of people in this thread can then that's your problem.

I'd spend £10 million on SWP because I rate him that highly, he's a far better player than Milner and offers far more to the team, if we want to improve then we have to spend money in doing so, nice FM dig there though, most people do that when they're losing an argument.

If you can't see Milner's limitations like the majority of people in this thread can then that's your problem.

The FM dig, I'm not losing the argument/discussion because you have failed to convince me that we need to replace Milner with another player.  So I am hardley losing.

Milner was in gash Newcastle side last season and still managed to produce some decent preformances, goals and asissts.  Didn't Roeder put Milner on the bench v AZ, buggered the whole team up and left us with no supply????

The lad deserves his chance in a settled side without armchair football managers gushing on football forums that we need to replace him now.  I wonder if this would have been the case if Mike Ashley never truned up with his cash.

I personally think he will do well this season for us. 

I

Easyer said than done mate to be fair. I too would spend £10m on SWP so would alot of other teams, Sam may also have considered it.  Doesn't mean that Jose is going to sell us his best player so far this season, not as if their desperate for the cash.

Luckily Sam seems to really rate Milner so he's here to stay.  I agree with Northern gimp, Milner WILL do well for us this season i'm sure. i'm going to enjoy reminding you after each good game he has  :razz: I thik you'll be proved wrong by the middle of the season. SWP is a nice thought but a tad unrealistic imo

The FM dig, I'm not losing the argument/discussion because you have failed to convince me that we need to replace Milner with another player.  So I am hardley losing.

Milner was in gash Newcastle side last season and still managed to produce some decent preformances, goals and asissts.   Didn't Roeder put Milner on the bench v AZ, buggered the whole team up and left us with no supply????

The lad deserves his chance in a settled side without armchair football managers gushing on football forums that we need to replace him now.  I wonder if this would have been the case if Mike Ashley never truned up with his cash.

I personally think he will do well this season for us. 

Again, being one of the best players in a crap team doesn't mean you're going to become one of the best players in a better team, far from it, both Milner and Butt were two of our best players mainly because they give 100% all of the time, we've already gone about replacing Butt with Faye because giving 100% will only get you so far, the same should be done with Milner.

The AZ game was lost because Roeder tried to play a defensive game rather than trying to kill the game off, as for the armchair football managers comment! mackems.gif It's a football forum for fuck sake, they're for discussing the team which includes players you would like to see come in or replaced, if you're having a hard time dealing with that then perhaps you should log out and spend your time on ebay.

As for Mike Ashley's money, he hasn't spent anything that we wouldn't have done under Shepherd so why would that be a factor? It's not as if we've never spent £10 million on a player before is it?

Once we can move Enrique to LB, move N'Zogbia to LW and Shift Milner RW and think we'll see even more improvement in Newcastle. 

The only thing i can really pick out which we have been lacking so far, is a centre midfielder bombing on.  I'm sure Barton will fulfill this role.

I

Easyer said than done mate to be fair. I too would spend £10m on SWP so would alot of other teams, Sam may also have considered it.  Doesn't mean that Jose is going to sell us his best player so far this season, not as if their desperate for the cash.

Luckily Sam seems to really rate Milner so he's here to stay.  I agree with Northern gimp, Milner WILL do well for us this season i'm sure. i'm going to enjoy reminding you after each good game he has  :razz: I thik you'll be proved wrong by the middle of the season. SWP is a nice thought but a tad unrealistic imo

You're not going to be one of those dicks who thinks Milner has proven everyone wrong when he puts in a good performance or scores a goal are you? I had that last season mate when Parker put in a good performance or scored the odd goal, I prefer to look at the bigger picture though and that is if we want to improve then we should be looking to bring someone in who offers more to the team on a consistent basis if we want to improve.

Is it only this forum that people can't tell the difference between someone thinking that we should be looking to improve on a certain player compared to someone thinking they are the worst player ever and not capable of having a decent game?

I am saying lets give Milner his chance in a decent set up and see what he can achieve.

The mess which was left last season, was it vitally important that we improve RW ?

What are you expectations this season, what should Milner be looking to achieve to satisfy you that we dont require a replacement.

You're not going to be one of those dicks who thinks Milner has proven everyone wrong when he puts in a good performance or scores a goal are you? I had that last season mate when Parker put in a good performance or scored the odd goal, I prefer to look at the bigger picture though and that is if we want to improve then we should be looking to bring someone in who offers more to the team on a consistent basis if we want to improve.

Is it only this forum that people can't tell the difference between someone thinking that we should be looking to improve on a certain player compared to someone thinking they are the worst player ever and not capable of having a decent game?

I'll presume you are aiming that at me as well as toptoon.

No i wont be gushing on here if Milner scores a 40 yard raker against DC,

I'll wait and see what the team achieves this season and how Milner fits in.  I thinks its all promising.

I am saying lets give Milner his chance in a decent set up and see what he can achieve.

The mess which was left last season, was it vitally important that we improve RW ?

What are you expectations this season, what should Milner be looking to achieve to satisfy you that we dont require a replacement.

I'm not talking about last season, I'm talking about improving on what we've got now and if I was to name my starting 11 I'd pick Milner out down the right wing as someone I'd be looking to improve on as I think we could do better, as a team that should be our aim.

This season I expect European football which isn't unrealistic, as for what I want from Milner, he doesn't have the pace to offer me what I want from a winger and doesn't have the crossing ability or link up play to compensate that.

I'll presume you are aiming that at me as well as toptoon.

No i wont be gushing on here if Milner scores a 40 yard raker against DC,

I'll wait and see what the team achieves this season and how Milner fits in.  I thinks its all promising.

If I was aiming it at you I would have done so, plenty of times in the past when people don't rate a player you get people coming on as if we've been proven wrong because that player has had a good game or scored a goal, pathetic really.

I'm not talking about last season.
  SA had to pick the bits up tho and must have thought RW was not the place to improve, hence the new contract for Milner so early into the season as well.

This season I expect European football which isn't unrealistic, as for what I want from Milner, he doesn't have the pace to offer me what I want from a winger and doesn't have the crossing ability or link up play to compensate that.

I think Milner will supply us with what we need, as well as Zog on the left.

I agree European football is achievable this season.