In the heart of the defence...

Guest tobiazvanderziaz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roz and Cacapa - the problems on Monday night with the team's defence were born out of a talentless midfield, a striker who constantly controlled the ball back to the opposition and two full backs that couldn't make a pass to save their lives.

For those questioning Rozy's positional sense, could you not see he was the only Newcastle player trying to actually create something instead of just hoying it to Ameobi to give it back to Derby.

I would have both Taylor and Roz together for the match.I dont think Cacapa will be able to keep up with the pace of Bellamy and some of their players.Now thats Beye is here,Taylor should move back to his usual centreback position where I think he is more comfortable with.

Guest seths_breath

Cacapa and Roz with toylor at right back again. Looked solid if not threatening on Monday. Beye hasn't had enough Prem experience to warrant a start yet.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Rozehnal and Caçapa again, with Beye in at RB and Taylor switched to LB in order to allow N'Zogbia to play LW.

Steven Taylor is not a left-back.

Rozehnal and Caçapa again, with Beye in at RB and Taylor switched to LB in order to allow N'Zogbia to play LW.

No shit, Sherlock.

If Enrique isn't fit to play, though, who is a better alternative? Taylor has played there before for us and done alright, nobody else in the squad has bar N'Zogbia.

We surely cannot play another game with Smith - Butt - Geremi - Milner as our midfield, the best solution to that in my eyes is to move someone else to LB and push Charles to LW, while bringing in a more attacking RB (Beye) to balance it out a bit.

Isn't Bellamy out with a groin strain as well?

yeah spot on. according to the physio room he is out with a groin strain and there is no return date.

Roz and Cacapa - the problems on Monday night with the team's defence were born out of a talentless midfield, a striker who constantly controlled the ball back to the opposition and two full backs that couldn't make a pass to save their lives.

For those questioning Rozy's positional sense, could you not see he was the only Newcastle player trying to actually create something instead of just hoying it to Ameobi to give it back to Derby.

I was impressed with Roze for getting forward so much. However not so impressed that he let Howard have at least 6 good headed chances on goal plus he missed a sitter himself. Roze is good on the deck, very tidy and good getting forward but i'd let Taylor mark Dean Ashton on Sat with either Cacapa or Roze. He could also be tried in the defensive CM role.

No s***, Sherlock.

If Enrique isn't fit to play, though, who is a better alternative? Taylor has played there before for us and done alright, nobody else in the squad has bar N'Zogbia.

We surely cannot play another game with Smith - Butt - Geremi - Milner as our midfield, the best solution to that in my eyes is to move someone else to LB and push Charles to LW, while bringing in a more attacking RB (Beye) to balance it out a bit.

If Enriqe's out play Zoggy LB and put Martins on the wing, better than Smith thats for sure. We need Taylor CB or Ashon may have a field day if Howard from Derby was anything to go by.