Rozy

Curbers:

Martins

Viduka

Milner

Damage

Carr

Ameobi

Goalies: 3 good ones, but woulnd't mind if we sold one of Given/Harper to get some £ for other players and build up Krul for the future.

Defenders: appart from Beye/Rozehnal/Faye I's look to upgrade all others.

Those 3 do have some patchy performances or injury troubles, but I think they are the 3 best defenders at the club.

I'd get rid 100% of Carr in any case.

Midfielders Emre, Milner, NZogbia, Butt and Geremi (but only because he's versatile and expirienced) should be keept, the rest be upgraded wherever possible but Barton is simply not acceptable and has to go no matter what.

Strikers: I'd keep Martins, who I rate as the best striker at the club and Smith (Yes you've read correctly).

Smith has always performed best when playing upfront which obviously was before his Roy Keane-esque midfield positions (only because he's comitted, has some bite and doesn't mock up when not played in his best position). He multiple times lead the line well for ManUnited and scored some cracking goals (Norwich, Arsenal to name 2)

Owen would be good, but he's just too much on the treatment table and cost lots of £, brings unwanted attention/pressure and media gloating to the club.

Viduka is ok for 30 mins, but not longer anymore and Ameobi, well the less said the better.

some ideas for improvements which I think would be realistic given some funds but not chelski-esque are available.

Strikers: Defoe (contract ?), Agbonlahor, King (Watford), Kerzhakov (Sevilla), Huntelaar (Ajax)

Midfielders: Bentley (probably the most unlikely), Barnetta (Bayer Leverkusen)

Defenders: Wes Brown (on a free in Summer or little now £), Silvain Distin, Martin Laursen,  Glen Johnson,  Sol Campbell (my all time fave England defender along with Tony Adams)