The Great Tottenham Sales

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest kingdawson

I don't see how Defoe could be labelled 'awful' by any definition, tbh.

Like Newcastle, Villa also have the perfect partner for Defoe in John Carew. I suppose you're happy with the Agbonlahor Carew partnership though?

Sell Martins buy Defoe.

Im no Martins fan but Defoe is awful.

Why people here really want him in our squad is shocking to me.

Strike rate of more or less one in two in his years at Spurs. Good enough?

Martins' record is similar and one has played alongside Berbatov, the other alongside Sibierski

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

According to reports Ramos is prepared to allow the following to leave:

Paul Robinson

Pascal Cimbonda

Jermain Defoe

Lee-Young Pyo

Anthony Gardner

Hossam Ghaly

Wayne Routledge

Paul Stalteri

Who if any of these do you think could improve our squad?

I would try and pick up Chimbonda, Defoe, Lee and Routledge personally. Chimbonda can play centre back or right back, Lee can play left back or left midfield and would offer good cover, Routledge has pace and needs games. I thought he was a good player when spurs signed him but he was never really given the run of games he needs and Defoe is a natural goalscorer if we were to bid rid of Oba.

Robinson- ;D Dont think anyone would have him over Given

Chimbonda- An immense right back. Great at attacking, great at defending. Was voted best rb in the league a few seasons ago. Unfortunately, thinks he is a winger at the mo. Spends most of his time getting in lennon's way, and leaving massive holes at the back, which is what he does when he feels like playing for himself rather than the team. Also a mercenary.

Defoe- Great goalscorer. Doesnt know the offside rule but theres no doubt he can finish. If given the choice, would keep him over bent definantly.

Lee- usually very good defensively but cant attack. Always supports the lw but just ends up passing it backwards. For the poster who said his spurs suporting mate thinks he is shit, i dont think your mate knows what he is talking about tbh. Apart from when Bale plays, has essentially had to plat lb and lw at the same time for the last few years as Davids, Tainio, Malbranque and Lennon all cut inside when they play in front of him. Done very well too.

Gardner- Very injury prone. Is the sort of player that not only needs a run of games to get going but can also play amazing for 89 minutes and lose his concentration twice, leading to 2 goals.

Ghaly- Relatively good technically and has amazing drive and passion. However, his always going for the incisive pass leads to him losing the ball a lot. Seems to think he is wanted by the reals and barcelonas of this this world though.  :lol:

Routeledge- Couldnt even get into portsmouth's or fulham's starting 11. Looked like a real prospect when we bought him but has gone backwards. Accurate crosses though.

Stalteri- Quite good, especially as a squad player. Knows when to get forward, and when to stay back. Lets the right winger do his job while he does his job.

Essentially, I reckon( if we were actually selling) you should go for Defoe, Chimbonda, Lee and maybe Stalteri as a squad player. All of those 4 would definantly improve your team/squad imo.

Essentially, I reckon( if we were actually selling) you should go for Defoe, Chimbonda, Lee and maybe Stalteri as a squad player. All of those 4 would definantly improve your team/squad imo.

oh man.. i surely hope so.. then we may finally have a chance to match the greatness of Spurs

p.s. hope you get thrashed tonight

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

oh man.. i surely hope so.. then we may finally have a chance to match the greatness of Spurs

mackems.gif Someone got up on the wrong side of bed this morning.  :lol: What's up with you mate? Just giving my opinion and those are the players that i think could improve you. Of course, you could think differently.  What makes your first line even funnier though is that many of your fellow geordies agree with me.  :lol: I assume you will be issuing the standard sarcastic reply to them as well.

He's right tbf apart from Stalteri.

Lee would be someone we could put straight in at left back until Enrique is ready, meaning N'Zogbia back up onto the wing.

Chimbonda and Beye I rate around the same but I was impressed with Beye at CB so we could move him there, also gives us better depth in that department.

Defoe adds the depth needed in attack as Smith and Ameobi are poor in front of goal and Owen is injury prone.

Guest Phil K

We've picked up Butt and Smith from Man Utd's bin end sale.  I'm sure doing the same with Spurs would be a great success  :cheesy:

You've taken the words out of my mouth.

Smith has been a disaster, Butt hit and miss. about time we learned that when a team gets shot of players there tends to be a REASON for it.