Alan Shearer

NE5

Seemed to be speaking very positively on MOTD and his views on a passing CM seemed very coach/managerlike. Wouldnt be surprised to see him in the dugout before too soon.

Christ. Don't say that; you'll see Parky in there this time next week.

As Chris Mort is reputed to have said, Shearer should become a manager at a smaller club before taking over at Newcastle - that is why I wanted Tony Mowbray..he has at least proved himself a capable manager at two clubs whose aspirations are not as great as Newcastle's, and with far less resources..

Not only that, but he has done it by playing attacking football..

We cannot afford for Shearer to come in and fail no matter how much of a hero he was on the field.

I did not expect KK to be in the running for the job and we must hope that he can pull off the trick twice, but he has at least proven himself at other clubs too, if not spectacularly.

He now knows the true extent of the job facing him and, as with ANYONE who had been given the job, must be allowed to choose his own staff etc without any pressure from fans etc - if he fails, he will face the

same fate as any other manager who fails, so it should be after he has made his own bed...

I have always thought Shearer strong-minded enough to be a good manager(unlike, say Beardsley), but he will have to prove it first.