John Terry - Open Letter To Chelsea Supporters.

Crumpy Gunt

Utter bullshit and hypocrisy, imo. Gazza became a legend on the basis of a few tears. We complain when players look like they're going through the motions and don't give a s***, yet we bitch when Terry blubs over what is the most painful and disappointing incident of his career.

I thought he made several good points to be honest. Especially the comparison with Germany. Remember when Ballack got booked in the World Cup semi-final which meant he would miss the final? His response was to go and score the winner that got his team through. He didn't cry like a woman, knowing the camera's would be on him and the commentator's flapping over the "despair" he must have been feeling, his number one goal was to make sure his country progressed, rather than give a "look at me, I'm devastated" performance for the cameras.

If you think his performance was just "for the cameras" then you couldn't be more wrong.  Say what you like about Terry but he's Chelsea through and through and cares passionately about them like any fan of any team would.

Think of it this way.  If you missed the penalty that cost Newcastle the Champions League final how would you react?  Would I "cry like a woman"?  Too f***ing right I would.

Does this analogy also involve me and all my family supporting Man U and turning down the chance to play for them?

Aye, I might cry then too.