Shearer and Bellamy

James

Guest teepee

anyone see olic for crotia last night?  closest thing to bellamy i've seen in a long while (questionable finisher apparently too so even more like bellamy!!!)

if we were looking fo that type of player again we could do much worse, think he was linked a while back too iirc?

i was thinking excactly the same - one of the most aggressive players i've seen in ages. much like bellamy, limited ability but a fantastic workrate

as for the original post, some extremely good points in there. and it is something that has always frustrated me that other players dont do. imagine martins putting that sort of pressure on defenders? and also players being a bit more cynical (drogba is a fantastic example). it isn't skill, it is determination to win, and i miss that in so many players today

regarding our success of those years, it is important not to forget speed. his work ethic, mentality and commitment should be the target of young players today. and his strengths were also quite often the reason that our crap defenders weren't exposed to the same degree as players like boumsong and taylor have been. so it comes down to the need for new midfielders again - this is where we lack!