The 'I was completely wrong' thread

Dave

dave, don't kick off man 'cause i'm all for this transfer both in the way it's been done and the contractual/scouting side of it

BUT, i really think you should have waited with this thread until we've spent the 18m+ modric money, would have had much more credence

anyway, howay the signings!!

Again, it's nothing to do with the player himself - I know nowt about him and won't disguise that.

I'm just glad we have proved we can do our thing without making a song and dance about it, as you say. Hopefully he'll be a good buy. :nods:

So what's to admit being wrong about? Has anyone claimed that it's impossible to sign players on the quiet, and that we wouldn't?

Plenty have claimed we were doing absolutely nothing in the transfer market. You must have missed them.

I (and others) have had some right grief over the last few weeks for suggesting patience.

dave, don't kick off man 'cause i'm all for this transfer both in the way it's been done and the contractual/scouting side of it

BUT, i really think you should have waited with this thread until we've spent the 18m+ modric money, would have had much more credence

Again, it's nothing to do with the player himself - I know nowt about him and won't disguise that.

I'm just glad we have proved we can do our thing without making a song and dance about it, as you say. Hopefully he'll be a good buy. :nods:

So what's to admit being wrong about? Has anyone claimed that it's impossible to sign players on the quiet, and that we wouldn't?

Plenty have claimed we were doing absolutely nothing in the transfer market. You must have missed them.

Despite bids for Modric and Woodgate etc? I can't remember people claiming we're "doing" nothing, just that we were struggling to sign the top class players we need. The main culprit even admits we're signing young players, but that it's not the right approach. It's impossible to tell that signing a right winger that 99% of this country has never seen play is the right approach or not, so I still don't see the point of this thread tbh.

Admit that people who were complaining about the apparent inactivity of the club were wrong becasue this signing proves conclusively that things ARE happening behind the scenes and no one except those at the club have a clue whats going on, so any arguments slating the club for its aprent inactiviy in the past can be humbly retracted in this thread....

Admit that people who were complaining about the apparent inactivity of the club were wrong becasue this signing proves conclusively that things ARE happening behind the scenes and no one except those at the club have a clue whats going on, so any arguments slating the club for its aprent inactiviy in the past can be humbly retracted in this thread....

See my post above which gives the same answer.

We'll see in time if people were wrong about showing their concerns regarding the transfer policy.

Despite bids for Modric and Woodgate etc? I can't remember people claiming we're "doing" nothing, just that we were struggling to sign the top class players we need. The main culprit even admits we're signing young players, but that it's not the right approach. It's impossible to tell that signing a right winger that 99% of this country has never seen play is the right approach or not, so I still don't see the point of this thread tbh.

They've been here. Loads of them. You obviously did miss them.

The point is we've signed a player for the first team without the media knowing anything about it. Loads of people were basing the club's activity purely on the links (or lack of) in the media, and were whinging like fuck. Their fears have been proved unfounded.

Fairly simple point iyam.

In any case, seeing as it looks like people don't like it, I'll lock this thread.