Spurs vs Chelsea

Baggio

Tough call, certainly got the ball first with the faintest of touches so its not a penalty for me, but its certainly borderline, because the "clearance" was so weak that had Hleb not been brought down, he might just have reached the ball. Its like the difference between:

1) A defender who makes a weak back pass under pressure, and then pulls down the opposition forward all in one motion - always a foul.

and

2) A defender who makes a last ditch slide tackle on a forward through on goal, clearing the ball and bringing the forward down in one motion - never a foul.

This incident is smack in the middle in between those boundaries.

i think it's a sure penalty. the reason hleb didn't score wasn't because of spector's feeble "touch" but because spector brought him down. spector never cleared the ball but he sure cleared the man.

and as your fellow geordie says, spector touched the ball before helb. Was a very good tackle imo

Might have got a very slight nick on the ball, maybe technically a very good tackle.

For another scenario, Spurs playing the spanners, replace Hleb and put in Keano in that position, going through on goal.  Would you be saying 'very good tackle' or would you be screaming for a penalty? :winking:

Personally, I like the idea of the slime being hard done by, makes their defeat a little bit sweeter for me! :lol: :lol: