NUFC's Most succesfull manager ever = Hughton

Rob W

kinnear wouldve kept us up. despite the fact he should never have been offered the job and that he is an idiot, hes not a terrible manager and wouldve done better than hughton and shearer.

Not being arsey - i'd just like to see you justify that. We had a top 8 side last season. He had us loitering around at the foot of the table.

actually we were thirteenth when he was took ill, having took us there from the bottom of the table at an unstable time at the club. the guy is an idiot, with his insomnia gaffe and swearing at journalists, wasnt cut out for the job and used tactics from the 1980s, but he was clearly far better than shearer and hughton last season. hes more of an allardyce than a sammy lee as far as being effective, imo.

To be fair, N'zogbia made far too much of what was imo an obvious mistake. He wanted away well before that happend and that was the best excuse he could come up with unless ofcourse he realy was offended in which case he is too sensitve. That being said Kinnear was shit and i'm not sure he told us the truth about alot of things.

To be fair, N'zogbia made far too much of what was imo an obvious mistake. He wanted away well before that happend and that was the best excuse he could come up with unless ofcourse he realy was offended in which case he is too sensitve. That being said Kinnear was shit and i'm not sure he told us the truth about anything

FYP

Much of what people on this thread are saying is heresay. We will never know if Kinnear would have kept us up. We will never know if Shearer had been given the job earlier, whether he wouild have kept us up. It is all ancient history anyway.

Someone said Hughton had a decent record when caretaker manager of Spurs but abysmal while caretaker manager of us. I am not surprised about us, to be honest. I dont think many managers could have come in to such a dysfunctional club as ours last season and got the desired results required.

Suffice to say, Hughton has done well this season and if anyone deserves the credit of putting us where we are after the summer of discontent we have had, he deserves a medal as big as a frying pan. However, whether he will succeed in the PL is debatable unless he persuades Ashley to open the cheque book within reason and attract several quality players not at over inflated prices or wages, but realistic and keeps the nucleus of the squad we currently have. Signing the Eygptian lad, Zidan, would be a good start.