NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

to be fair, I've seen a canny few slappas knocking around town looking for someone to ride, and I'd imagine the glasses in Blu Bambu are growing impatient at being used only to hold alcoholic liquids, not smashed over the head of an unsuspecting reveller.

His departure has also fucked the local arsonist trade far more than Thatcher fucked the miners too.

The bloke's been lumbering around like an absolute mess for the last year and has become one of the biggest football flops of all time, English football's great comedy figure. Apparently unfit and unmotivated, or atleast completely and utterly out of form. He basically looks like a shit, gutless version of the player we watched in the Championship. Paying £35 million for him looks like the biggest joke in footballing history, going back in and paying big money (even more so relative to what we have) for the shit version of Andy Carroll is even more ridiculous.

I'm not at all convinced he'd come back and start playing well again, in fact, I'm almost convinced he wouldn't. Could buy a fucking excellent couple of players for £15 million.

to be fair, I've seen a canny few slappas knocking around town looking for someone to ride, and I'd imagine the glasses in Blu Bambu are growing impatient at being used only to hold alcoholic liquids, not smashed over the head of an unsuspecting reveller.

His departure has also f***ed the local arsonist trade far more than Thatcher f***ed the miners too.

He was in Aspers on Saturday apparently so he's still contributing to the north east nightlife economy

Even if we were willing to spend £15m on a player (makes me laugh just typing it :lol:), as if we'd risk putting all that on a player who has been ridiculously out of form for pretty much the entire last year. A player that our own MD has said off the record is 'worth f*** all'. A player on a reported £80,000 per week.

Total non-story.

Maybe he's got the virgin money up front (sure we've been down this road before)

The bloke's been lumbering around like an absolute mess for the last year and has become one of the biggest football flops of all time, English football's great comedy figure. Apparently unfit and unmotivated, or atleast completely and utterly out of form. He basically looks like a shit, gutless version of the player we watched in the Championship. Paying £35 million for him looks like the biggest joke in footballing history, going back in and paying big money (even more so relative to what we have) for the shit version of Andy Carroll is even more ridiculous.

I'm not at all convinced he'd come back and start playing well again, in fact, I'm almost convinced he wouldn't. Could buy a fucking excellent couple of players for £15 million.

For example, just look at some of your recent signings: Tiote, Cabaye and Ben Arfa with change for plenty of pies.

(I realise the market is consistently inflating, but still)

Even if we were willing to spend £15m on a player (makes me laugh just typing it :lol:), as if we'd risk putting all that on a player who has been ridiculously out of form for pretty much the entire last year. A player that our own MD has said off the record is 'worth f*** all'. A player on a reported £80,000 per week.

Total non-story.

Maybe he's got the virgin money up front (sure we've been down this road before)

Using sponsorship money in that way is something the current regime have slagged the fuck out of the old for doing. Can't see them doing a u-turn on that.

I'm with you on that one!

Never go back

I'm with you on that one!

Never go back

Try telling that to TBG.

I'd have him back, his lifestyle needs a major shake up though

I don't know him personally, nor am I an expert on sport & nutrition. However, his form has tailed off since joining Liverpool.

At Newcastle the team played to his strengths, there was little expectation placed on him, he was playing week-in-week-out, and the squad was full of confidence.

At Liverpool none of those things were true.

The question is: if he were to come back would they still be true? With our current style of play I'd say he'd slot in nicely as a target man and give us another option from set pieces. Following his performances at Liverpool I think expectations would be significantly lower, and the team does still seem to be playing with confidence. He also wouldn't be expected to be the main man (as he was first time round) when Ba is back.

Also, he's a fan. He'd be playing for the shirt. He'd be worth a punt at the right price.

That said, it's all moot. Confident there's nothing in it whatsoever.

:yao:

£15m is stupid money for him, we could get 2 better strikers from the continent for that.  Not to mention we'd be spending the Carroll money to replace Carroll with Carroll.  Hope this doesn't happen, the silly scousers made their bed, let them lie in it.

mates with a Wolves fan on me course.  He hates Berra, says he's utter shite, although he hates most of the team.  Stearman usually bears the brunt of the abuse.

:lol: Play 5 a side with a Wolves fan, says much the same. Also can't understand why people thought/think Roger Johnson is any good. FWIW he doesn't seem this sold, controlled defender I read he was.