NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

As a CM in our 4-4-2? Absolutely nee chance tbh.

The bloke is allergic to working off the ball. Complete waste of his talents playing him there.

Off the ball he is crap, but I think thats because he is naturally an attacking player, not a box to box player. When I say in the centre I would pretty much mean similar to what Ben Arfa is, more of a link up player or a player supported by others who will do the defensive work for him.

As you say, in a 4-4-2 he's pretty much got no chance, in a 4-4-1-1 he does though, or even a 4-5-1.

If there's interest I suspect it's from Jonas' dropping off, club probably pondering about bringing in someone to compete for that position. personally I'd love a 4-2-3-1 with cabaye hoilett and ben arfa all sitting behind ba. plenty of goals there. Doubt it though, Hoilett is much like Ben Arfa in that will do little off the ball work, and while think we can have one player in the team like that, having two would be completely contrary to what we're trying to do.

Leaving us with?

Don't know why some seem happy to reduce our already small squad.

Exactly. I've said this many times before, Simpson isn't that bad and I'm happy for him to continue to be first choice for the foreseeable future.

7m? contracts up in the summer isnt it? should get him for less than that

agree the 7m asking price to get permission to talk to him, tell him to sit his contract out to the summer and we'll pay him XX amount more per week

"negotiations failed, we could not agree terms"

:yao:

simples

The 25-year-old has emerged as one of the best right-backs in the Premier League after joining the club from Manchester United in 2009

:lol:

The media are scraping the barrel for rationalisations for why we're still as high as we are now :yao: :laugh:

The 25-year-old has emerged as one of the best right-backs in the Premier League after joining the club from Manchester United in 2009

:lol:

magedia

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/01/11/2842205/newcastle-united-keeping-tabs-on-dutch-trio-luuk-de-jong-siem-de-

Newcastle United are keeping tabs on midfielder Siem de Jong and strikers Luuk de Jong and Ricky van Wolfswinkel, according to the players' agent.

Twente forward Luuk de Jong has recently been linked with a move to Liverpool whilst Sporting's Van Wolfswinkel has also been reported to be a long-term Manchester United target.

Siem de Jong, brother of Luuk, currently plies his trade at Ajax after coming through the club's famed youth academy.

The man who represents all three players, Louis Laros, says the trio are the subject of interest from the Tyneside club.

"There has been no contact in the last weeks," he told Record.

"I spoke with Newcastle about Luuk de Jong, his brother Siem and about Wolfswinkel, but all I know is that they have been checking on them.

"It is still soon to talk about a potential transfer."

Both Siem de Jong and Van Wolfswinkel have registered one cap for the Netherlands whilst Luuk de Jong recently gained his sixth cap and has one international goal.

Luuk de Jong and van Wolfswinkel, f*** that would be class.

Only need one of them tbf......

Anyway signing any of those would be class and its quite common knowledge we have been eyeing up Luuk De Jong for quite some time heres hoping something actually happens  O0

Doubt it will mind.