Would you take 17th place right now ?

Guest palnese
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toonlass

Still wanting us to get the points in the bag tbh. I think we're safe now, but not looking any further than the next game ATM

How many points is it before you physically can't be relegated? 42?

There isn't a threshold. It's just until you mathmatically can't be overtaken by the three teams in the bottom three, which fluctuates every season.

I'd have been a lot more confident were it not for those two last minute equalisers.  I think the threshold for safety this year might be quite high based on how tight the league is at the moment and we still have some very hard games to come.

While the league is closer overall than the season we got relegated, the bottom section is pretty much the same so far.  The 17th/18th place teams have 1 point more than last time, 19th and 20th have the same number of points.

Fucking hell man, support your club!  I want to see us do well, not become boring also rans.

All I want is to consolidate steadily and become a real force again with the ultimate goal of becoming like Arsenal are now, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to qualify for Europe and it is definitely within our grasp.  It might take 5-10 years, and avoiding relegation was the first step, but if we can get there more quickly, then all the better.

As much as I'd love to see us pushing as high up the table as possible, I can't help but be a bit apprehensive about us getting into Europe. Second season syndrome, small squad, Europe, couldn't see it working well for us.

Because it's exactly the same situation isn't it.

Obviously my post earlier was taking the piss, and I wouldn't take 17th. I think we could take a top 10 spot, it's there for the taking this season, and with a bit of luck, good form, not too many injuries, we're in with a shout. But all I'm saying is Europe might come a bit soon for us if we did manage to get it.

Yes. What's the difference between 7th and 17th? Still stay up.

I said this a few months ago, the difference in prize money is like £7 million. Not a lot these days.

That's a lot of money to us.