what's wrong with the Premiership?

Guest Invicta_Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Premiership is the best league in Europe imo

Far from perfect though as i hate the outrageous wages the players get, lack of loyalty players show and the cheating is just a disgrace.

Ways to improve would be for Fifa to cap wages, punish cheats after the game with a ban and fine and to bring in the long overdue video technology for big decisions that Ref's aren't 100% on i.e. penalties and sending offs.

Guest smoggeordie

In terms of entertainment, the lower league are much better than the Premiership. The prem is the quickeest in europe, but Spain is far more technically superior IMO.

Guest FlapjackJoe

I still think the problem with the Premiership is that only 4 teams can win it - lack of competitive edge.

Can't see any other teams challenging within the next 5 years either.

Main reason for this - the Champions' League.  Pumps money into the upper 3 or 4 clubs in each league in Europe, they keep well ahead of the others that don't have this regular windfall.

Kick out the top 4 teams (let them go off and play in a UEFA League with other teams dominating their leagues), and then NUFC can actually mount a serious title challenge (followed by promotion to said UEFA League, of course!)