NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Absolutely fuck all of interest happening at NUFC at the moment like. :lol:

I think the next signing's gonna be a 'BOOM, outta the blue, fucking look who we've just signed!!!' sorta signing. Even if it is Debuchy, who we've been regularly linked with. I just mean, there won't be a gradual feeling from players/media about them signing. Just a straight-to-training-ground-pic-photo thing.

:thup: agree with that. I reckon we'll probably get about half a day's notice between widespread media reports and training ground photos, much like the Cisse deal.

Guest BooBoo

Yeah I'm not even close to panicking, it's just always nice to have a bit of NUFC news to discuss.

The Euro's have put the breaks on much transfer activity. I think by this time last summer we'd already signed Cabaye, Ba and Marveaux.

Guest magpie99

With regard to Curtis Good, I am from Melbourne and know the local scene quite well.

With no disrespect to Skirge's info,according to todays Herald Sun (27th June), the only news is that Good has been selected for the Australian under 20s squad and not even an iota of a mention of his so called impending transfer to NUFC. If t was a done deal, Melbourne Heart would be "shouting it from the rooftops" here in Melbourne so, with no disrespect to Skirge's info, I would say that no deal is currently agreed.

Also, if he was going, Melbourne Heart would be actively seeking a replacement and there is no mention of them signing anyone other than some midfielder who has been playing in Africa.

Good has potential but in my opinion, he is far from being notrhing more than a future prospect and f NUFC did sign him up, it would certainly be more for the development squad rather than immediate senior team contention.

With regard to the ther Heart player, Babajl, he is in the same boat but to compare him to Viduka at the same stage of their careers is a little like a fantasy. Viduka at 18 year old was outstanding here for the old Melbourne Knights team. His record prior to leaving Oz for Croatia was incredible and noone here had any doubts at all that Viduka would make a success of his career overseas. In my opinion,it is far too early to say the same about Babajl. He is not the out and out goalscorer that Viduka was and he is not blessed with the same close control and trickery but going overseas might and should improve him but I cannot see him making the same success of himself that Viduka did.

Guest magpie99

I would never do such a thing. I have far too much respect for Marley.........................LOL

Guest VegasToon

The transfer season isn't as exciting as before.  I am just waiting for that "FUCK" moment that now seems to happen. 

FUCK! WE GOT BEN AFRA! 

FUCK! WE SOLD CARROLL! 

FUCK! RAYLOR IS OUR LB!  (sorry for ever doubting him) 

FUCK! WE GOT CISSE!

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/06/27/61634-31269114/

PSV EINDHOVEN striker Ola Toivonen was yesterday heavily linked with a possible move to St James’ Park.

Well-informed sources in Holland told The Journal that representatives of the highly-rated Swede have already spoken to the Magpies regarding the possibility of him moving to Tyneside this summer.

But no bid has yet been forthcoming from Newcastle or anyone else for the goalscorer who helped his side win the Dutch Cup last season.

Toivonen, who played against England in Euro 2012, has said he will almost certainly leave Dutch football before the start of next season and would cost Newcastle around the £5million mark if they were to make a serious offer.

But United, as is the case with all their signing targets, will need to battle it out with some other big clubs for his signature.

Sunderland, ironically, have also been mentioned with a player who turns 26 next week along with a number of clubs such as Russian sides Rubin Kazan and Lokomotiv Moscow, along with Fiorentina of Serie A.

Toivonen, who is contracted until 2014, has stated that he wanted to leave PSV during this transfer window and the club’s troubled financial state means they are not in a position to hold out for anything like the £8.5milion fee that was been spoken about six months ago.

He said: “If PSV want to earn some money by selling me, then now is the time to sell me. If I am not sold, then the chances are that I will not be leaving for the next two years

“If something interesting comes along, I will look into it. There are rumours, but I have learned to live with them. I don’t know which clubs are really interested.”

Toivonen, who can also play in an attacking midfield role, was signed by PSV three years ago from Malmo and has since established himself as one of the best and most consistent players in Dutch football.

In 76 Eredivisie matches, he scored 35 goals and set up many more. He has also become one of Sweden’s key players since making his international debut in 1997, scoring six goals from his 26 caps for his country so far.

At 6ft 2in he would bring strength as well as a deft touch to the Newcastle forward line. PSV, once Holland’s richest club, have been battling money problems for a couple of years. And, while they are now on a more secure footing and Dick Advocaat has agreed to be head coach for next season, they will find it difficult to fight off clubs such as Newcastle making a move for their best players.

Much will depend on whether Demba Ba decides to stay or leave; he will speak to manager Alan Pardew on July 5.

Guest MrSundlofer

He has also become one of Sweden’s key players since making his international debut in 1997, scoring six goals from his 26 caps for his country so far.

Making his international debut at the age of 11. Not bad  :thup:

I'm not a fan of Ola Toivonen. And he's not one of Sweden's key players.

For starters, Toivonen is not a striker. He is more of an attacking central midfielder. He is quite an aggressive player and I actually think he could do well in the premiership. He could be a good player for us playing between the midfield and Cisse with Ben Arfa and Marv/Jonas on the wings.  But I think we can find better options.  Not a key player for Sweden since they started to use Zlatan as their number 10 with Elmander up front as number 9.

For starters, Toivonen is not a striker. He is more of an attacking central midfielder. He is quite an aggressive player and I actually think he could do well in the premiership. He could be a good player for us playing between the midfield and Cisse with Ben Arfa and Marv/Jonas on the wings.  But I think we can find better options.  Not a key player for Sweden since they started to use Zlatan as their number 10 with Elmander up front as number 9.

I would prefer to see Cabaye in that role tbh.

For starters, Toivonen is not a striker. He is more of an attacking central midfielder. But I think we can find better options

No thanks.

Agreed.

"In 76 Eredivisie matches, he scored 35 goals and set up many more".

What am I missing?

For starters, Toivonen is not a striker. He is more of an attacking central midfielder. But I think we can find better options

No thanks.

Agreed.

What am I missing?

76 Eredivisie matches, he scored 35 goals

76 Eredivisie matches

Eredivisie

:pow:

No thanks.

Agreed.

What am I missing?

76 Eredivisie matches, he scored 35 goals

76 Eredivisie matches

Eredivisie

:pow:

Laaaazy cliché. I'm going on record as saying he'd be a massive bargain and would do very well for us.