Success - can we improve our trophies?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Think I might have a stab at this one. What I feel isn't represented in any of the available choices, so..

I would scrap European entry from a league cup win for a start. I just don't see how it's fair that winning 1 cup that a lot of teams don't give a shit about can yield 2 rewards - silverware and European qualification. Stuff like this is part of the reason why the Europa League is as dilated and shit as it is now, loads of meaningless guff matches involving a lot of no mark teams qualifying for it before getting into groups. (another reason but I'm going off track)

For me, the whole point of European competition is to prove how good you are beyond your respective league against similar strength European competition. How does 'lucking your way to a cup' prove that? Look at the fiasco we had yesterday more or less with the Liverpool - Everton game. Imagine if we worked hard all season, to win as many games as we have, to finish in what would could normally been a qualifying position only for it to mean fuck all? How would people have felt had Portsmouth registered for a UEFA club licence before winning the FA cup allowing them into Europe when being fucking relegated over a seasons worth of shit?

Champions league should really be for, well - league champions. Instead of having the group games, why not just take league champions and runners up from each league in Europe and make it a seeded knockout competition?

I can accept the top 4 teams of a strong, quality domestic league taking that now... But, again, there's only going to be 3 from Italy this year (Fucking bullshit IMO) so who gets the extra allocation?

If Europa league for example was made up from 3rd and 4th, wouldn't that make it a much stronger, albeit shorter, competition?