Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

3 minutes ago, thomas said:

eh. yanks aren't really mad for "soccer" merch outside of MLS and, besides the poor souls you know and love on this board, the rest of us are glory hunters when it comes to the PL.

still want him here, mind.

9 out of 10 times it’s doofus in a ManUre shirt. Can’t throw a stone in a Target without hitting a nine year old boy in a Barca top. 

2 minutes ago, duo said:

Pulisic - loan (no brainer for me, he can play all across front line) and  Paqueta (Sadly think paper talk) or Maddison - then we're sorted.

Yeah I still think we’ll get two more in this window. There was always going to be loads of brinkmanship and I think we’ll get Pedro permanent and one of the Chelsea players on loan. 

1 hour ago, thomas said:

eh. yanks aren't really mad for "soccer" merch outside of MLS and, besides the poor souls you know and love on this board, the rest of us are glory hunters when it comes to the PL.

still want him here, mind.

Looking at the 25 Football shirts here in my basement one might argue that is not always the case!

Actually the Premier League is getting kind of big over here.

12 minutes ago, McDog said:

Looking at the 25 Football shirts here in my basement one might argue that is not always the case!

Actually the Premier League is getting kind of big over here.

let's be real though, given we're both americans - you're the exception and not the rule. We as a population are not going to buy a ton of shirts or suddenly start following a foreign club in large numbers simply because an american is playing there. calling pulisic a big commercial move was overselling it a bit, is all I was getting at.

Edited by thomas

There was a couple of subtle clues in Eddie's presser today.

When asked about whether they would simply be signing players to challenge, rather than to come straight into the side (I.e Joao Pedro), he basically said that if he could he would sign someone who CAN come straight into the side.

He also referred to making sure we could afford the player, which to me hinted towards wages rather than fee, which again was a nod to an already established individual.

Perhaps I'm just putting two and two together but Pulisic would fit that IMO.

25 minutes ago, thomas said:

let's be real though, given we're both americans - you're the exception and not the rule. We as a population are not going to buy a ton of shirts or suddenly start following a foreign club in large numbers simply because an american is playing there. calling pulisic a big commercial move was overselling it a bit, is all I was getting at.

Having lived here my entire life, I know Soccer aka Football is low on the list. I was surprised the surge in popularity of the Premier League. I think NBC paid good money for those rights for a reason.

40 minutes ago, STM said:

There was a couple of subtle clues in Eddie's presser today.

When asked about whether they would simply be signing players to challenge, rather than to come straight into the side (I.e Joao Pedro), he basically said that if he could he would sign someone who CAN come straight into the side.

He also referred to making sure we could afford the player, which to me hinted towards wages rather than fee, which again was a nod to an already established individual.

Perhaps I'm just putting two and two together but Pulisic would fit that IMO.

Subtle.......its Ted Rodgers subtle that "Can, you may think Trash can and Dusty bin but a trash can is also somewhere you can pool rubbish together.  He also alluded to being able to afford the player, hinting at wages rather than fee, now Chelsea fans may not like to see someone do well for someone elses team if they hadnt been paid a fee and the other fans might say "ya sick about that, put Pool and ya sick together.......yes tonight's star prize............"

You have to be a certain age.

Edited by madras

30 minutes ago, madras said:

Subtle.......its Ted Rodgers subtle that "Can, you may think Trash can and Dusty bin but a trash can is also somewhere you can pool rubbish together.  He also alluded to being able to afford the player, hinting at wages rather than fee, now Chelsea fans may not like to see someone do well for someone elses team if they hadnt been paid a fee and the other fans might say "ya sick about that, put Pool and ya sick together.......yes tonight's star prize............"

You have to be a certain age.

8CA07F08-F5C5-4B57-8D36-3B9F59E6D6A4.thumb.jpeg.7f47d17de589154663fdc0dfef2fc50e.jpeg

3 incoming! 

3 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

Americans all have some daft fascination with Italy. Been to Rome and Sorrento and you can't go anywhere without being surrounded by them. 

Some of the best food in the world, rich history and architecture, lovely weather, beautiful scenery, and tens of millions of Americans with Italian ancestry.

Yeah no clue why we like it there.

Edited by Tomato Deuce

17 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Some of the best food in the world, rich history and architecture, lovely weather, beautiful scenery, and tens of millions of Americans with Italian ancestry.

Wew, Il Deuce like

20 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

That's Northumberland if you exclude the weather and the mafia...... I mean ancestry.

34 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Hard to argue with that