Would you sign Mido now?

Guest nufc_geordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Regarding strikers we may well be in a position of beggars can't be choosers. Personally I believe the bulk of our money should be going into defence, both now and in summer. Therefore, Mido would be worth the risk in my opinion.

I cant see how hes shit, hes a target man, and a decent one at that. Strong aerially, decent ability, decent shooting, an all round decent Premiership forward. Hed be a significant upgrade over Sibierski, a major one in fact since Sibierski is unfortunately a very poor footballer.

Having said that, I hope we dont get an aerial target man in, because were just going to end up being a long ball side whilst the likes of Martins and Owen stand around being anonymous having to feed off scraps from long balls and knock downs. Neither of them are Bellamy, theyre not good at feeding off knock downs all day long like Bellamy was.

IMO we need to go down a different route, and finally get a replacement for Beardsley. Why do we have to try and recreate the Shearer-Bellamy, little-n-large partnership? Both Martins and Owen would do well with a Beardo behind them imo, theres nowt stopping us trying to recreate the Beardo-Cole partnership.

Guest ryunufc

Mido is very dominant in the air. He is no Crouch, therefore Im very impressed with the way he wins aerial challenges. I can understand if he is upset with Jol preferring Berbatov. I thought he was Spurs best forward last season, done the hardwork whilst Keane received all the praises. He can do more than knocking the ball down, he has a very good positioning skill to score few simple tap ins.