Spurs get bye to UEFA Cup last 16

Guest Darth Toon

Guest kingdawson

Feyenoord take case to CAS

Feyenoord have appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) against their exclusion from the UEFA Cup.

The CAS ruling will be of particular interest to Tottenham, who had been granted a bye to the last 16 of the competition after being pitched against the Dutch club prior to their exclusion.

The Eredivisie outfit were thrown out of the competition by UEFA following a major crowd disturbance during their group phase match away to French side AS Nancy.

The CAS said in a statement released on Monday that their final decision will be announced on February 9 at the latest.

The statement read: "Feyenoord Rotterdam has filed an appeal with the Court of Arbitration for Sport against the decision of the UEFA Appeals Body of 25 January 2006.

"UEFA has excluded the Dutch club from the UEFA Cup 2006-07 and has fined the club following the incidents which occurred during the UEFA Cup match AS Nancy v Feyenoord Rotterdam on 30 November 2006.

"The Dutch club has requested the annulment of the UEFA decision. The CAS has proposed to both Feyenoord and UEFA to conduct an expedited procedure in order to render a final decision on 9 February 2007 at the latest.

"A procedural calendar will be established very shortly. The date of the hearing will be fixed later this week as soon as the three arbitrators (judges) constituting the Panel have been appointed."

I guarantee that if this was an English club and there fans behaved in the same manner that those hooligan Feyenord fans did, they would not only be chucked out of the competition but banned from the competition for at least 2-3 seasons.

oh who am i kidding, i just want the bloody bye O0

not think you can beat them like?

Honestly think we can beat them but wouldnt want to take the risk. Much prefer us to be in the last 16 witout having to play anyone O0

Feyenoord take case to CAS

Feyenoord have appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) against their exclusion from the UEFA Cup.

The CAS ruling will be of particular interest to Tottenham, who had been granted a bye to the last 16 of the competition after being pitched against the Dutch club prior to their exclusion.

The Eredivisie outfit were thrown out of the competition by UEFA following a major crowd disturbance during their group phase match away to French side AS Nancy.

The CAS said in a statement released on Monday that their final decision will be announced on February 9 at the latest.

The statement read: "Feyenoord Rotterdam has filed an appeal with the Court of Arbitration for Sport against the decision of the UEFA Appeals Body of 25 January 2006.

"UEFA has excluded the Dutch club from the UEFA Cup 2006-07 and has fined the club following the incidents which occurred during the UEFA Cup match AS Nancy v Feyenoord Rotterdam on 30 November 2006.

"The Dutch club has requested the annulment of the UEFA decision. The CAS has proposed to both Feyenoord and UEFA to conduct an expedited procedure in order to render a final decision on 9 February 2007 at the latest.

"A procedural calendar will be established very shortly. The date of the hearing will be fixed later this week as soon as the three arbitrators (judges) constituting the Panel have been appointed."

I guarantee that if this was an English club and there fans behaved in the same manner that those hooligan Feyenord fans did, they would not only be chucked out of the competition but banned from the competition for at least 2-3 seasons.

oh who am i kidding, i just want the bloody bye O0

not think you can beat them like?

Honestly think we can beat them but wouldnt want to take the risk. Much prefer us to be in the last 16 witout having to play anyone O0

i wouldn't like that tbh, might aswell earn your place