How much longer can Newcastle take its public for granted?

Guest Knightrider

Gloryhunters turn my stomach, no matter how old they are, no matter which club they attach themselves to.

And for all the bleating of parents "ooh, little johnny is Chelsea mad, he idolises Fat Frank", that kind of thing would be absolutely unacceptable in my house, and met with extreme violence until it was at an end.

Thanks to the Shepherd/Souness/Roeder "Failure Express" I'd say we are at the beginning of a very large slide, and picking up speed going downwards.

Of course, it's "Not Shepherds fault" "Not Roeder's fault"

Who's then, for frig's sake ?

OURS ?

For being stupid enough to trust Shep/Sou/Ro - maybe.

But I can only see a downward trend if we continue in the present path with the same metaphorically blind and talentless imbeciles leading the blind and loyal fools.

Our only answer is to do what we did to get shot of the McKeag and Westwood cancer.

Agree with this totally - its just plain stupid to blame kids for wanting to support these other teams/players.At one time, there was a possibility of NUFC becoming as big as any in the land(AND most in Europe), but those days have gone now, and probably for ever.

The last few years of mismanagement have occurred at a time when the top 4 clubs were becoming virtually unchallengeable due to the money they were receiving from their success, and like it or not, money and success are what people want in this day & age.

Kids get far too much in my opinion - all this crap about 'Peer pressure' etc is just down tp lazy & weak parents

not being able to tell a child 'NO', so they get most of what they want materially. Its not good for anyone and makes people very selfish, but to expect them to suddenly be automatic fans of a club which has not won a trophy for 38 years and has suffered humiliation on and off the field, when they get 'the best' in other areas of life is like expecting a fox to keep chickens as pets !

Life has moved on guys - wake up & smell the coffee.Be honest - if you bought a decent holiday & got crap accomm., you'd be on to the Company like a shot.Likewise, if you have a decent motor and it starts giving trouble, you'd(rightly)be complaining bitterly to the Dealer and expect it put right.

People have more choices than ever now, in every walk of life - trying to sell a vision of 'Gang Loyalty' doesn't work anymore, and the sooner Shepherd & Co realise this, the better it will be - I just hope its not too late, but I wouldn't bet on things changing soon as there now appears to be no hope of change on the horizon.