Hartley to Celtic

Nobby

Hearts midfielder Paul Hartley is in talks with Celtic after the Edinburgh club accepted an offer of more than £1m for the Scotland international.

Rangers had two bids rejected on Tuesday for the 30-year-old, the last being just short of the £1m Hearts demanded, BBC Sport understands.

And Celtic, who missed out on the player last January, moved to secure Hartley on Wednesday.

It is believed that he has undergone a medical and is now discussing terms.

Hartley, who last year signed a new contract with Hearts, was omitted from the Hearts side that drew at Ibrox at the weekend.

Hearts head coach Valdas Ivanauskas said Hartley was omitted due to "football business".

That was thought to have been a bid from Rangers.

Hartley has two years of his contract to run and Celtic had a bid for the playmaker rejected last season.

But he is set become a Celtic player before the January transfer window closes.

The midfielder appeared in public alongside goalkeeper Craig Gordon and former captain Pressley in October, when the Scotland defender said there was "dressing-room unrest".

Pressley has since moved to Celtic, while Gordon was also dropped for Saturday's SPL game at Ibrox.

Rangers pipped Celtic on Tuesday to the signing of former Hibernian captain Kevin Thomson.

-------------------------

i thought he would go to Rangers tbh

Guest alijmitchell

No mate i'm a part time thistle fan up here (but been a toon fan since i was born), just hate rangers so much. Also, I hate the fact that many of the rangers fans I've talked to didn't give a shit about stealing Walter Smith.

i liked it yesterday on SSN when Hartley was asked

"Do you want to go to Rangers?"

he just smiled (really cheeky) and said

"No comment"

as to the other thing, Club before Country and all that

Guest alijmitchell

Heheh would have though rangers as the obvious choice really after playing for the jam tarts, but that's quite funny. You've got me on the club over country thing, personally i would prefer to see newcastle win anyhting before the national team, their justification of it just riled me...One guy actually said 'Scotland are shit i don't care, you couldn't pay me to watch them' - the guy was from Hamilton. Just seemed like they enjoyed the fact that Rangers pissed the whole country off. Or maybe it's just coz I hate the bastards. ;D

Heheh would have though rangers as the obvious choice really after playing for the jam tarts, but that's quite funny. You've got me on the club over country thing, personally i would prefer to see newcastle win anyhting before the national team, their justification of it just riled me...One guy actually said 'Scotland are shit i don't care, you couldn't pay me to watch them' - the guy was from Hamilton. Just seemed like they enjoyed the fact that Rangers pissed the whole country off. Or maybe it's just coz I hate the bastards. ;D

just like when man utd fans were signing "you can stick you're england up your arse" after the ronaldo treatment.

but that comment/song didn't bother me

i hate man u but i couldn't really care less about the england national team