Alkmaar away

Guest smoggeordie

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how many you expect to travel to Alkmaar?

I believe you got about a 1000 tickets, but how many do you expect to take there chances? (Which are extremely slim, btw.)

Cheers,

Barra

PS On this page you can watch all our match summaries from the past years for free, without registration or other bollocks: http://www.azfanpage.nl/index2.php?content=multimedia_video&Iid=34

Try the ones under 'Samenvattingen'

AZsupporters, welcome to the forum.

Can you tell me what the meaning is behind this......

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/4640/128ha0.jpg

That's arrogance, that banner shouldn't have been there. Some of the young 'uns were a bit too enthousiastic, I guess...

I quite like the banner, tbh. A bit tongue-in-cheek. Anyway, you seem to be good supporters, good luck, just not TOO much luck ;)

Guest Geordiesned

There's some useful information been put on the official site;

Essential Advice For Alkmaar

NEWCASTLE United are aware that many supporters allocated with a ticket will travel to Alkmaar on the day of the game (Thursday, March 15) from most likely Amsterdam.

There are numerous direct trains between Alkmaar train station and Amsterdam train station on the day however we believe the most relevant to supporters will be as follows:

Dep Amsterdam - Arr Alkmaar

16.43 - 17.18; 16.55 - 17.36; 17.13 - 17.48; 17.25 - 18.06; 17.43 - 18.18; 17.55 - 18.36

As there is very limited public transport between Alkmaar train station and Alkmaar's "DSB Stadion" in order to assist supporters the club will provide a number of buses from Alkmaar train station which will leave at 18:45hrs. Remember, kick-off for this game is 7.35pm British time (20:35hrs local time).

The journey should take approx 20-30 minutes.

Provided the game does not go into extra time the match should finish at around 22:30hrs. Given the possibility that Newcastle United supporters may be required to remain in the stadium for a period after the match has finished and the subsequent lack of public transport the club is conscious that there may not be sufficient time to enable supporters to travel back to Alkmaar train station to catch either the 23.28hrs or the 00:16hrs train (latest one) back to Amsterdam.

A number of buses will therefore be available to take supporters staying in Amsterdam from the stadium after the match back to Amsterdam city centre.

This journey should take approximately 35-40 minutes.

Should you require these transfers then the total cost is £10.00 per person (irrespective of whether you require both or just one of the transfers) and to book you should come to the Box Office at St James' Park. Travel vouchers will only be issued to those supporters whose application has been successful and who has consequently received their ticket. In order to confirm this at the time of booking you will be required to provide your membership number.

This travel voucher must be presented prior to boarding the bus. Anybody not in possession of a travel voucher will not be allowed to travel. There will be Newcastle United representatives present at the station pre match and the stadium after the match to manage the process and to offer assistance.

OTHER IMPORTANT  INFORMATION

· Flying time from the UK to Amsterdam is approximately 1 hour.

· The best form of travel to Alkmaar from Amsterdam airport or from Amsterdam itself is by train.

· By road it will take about 30 minutes to Alkmaar from Amsterdam and is a distance of around 20 kilometres.

· There are taxis in and around Alkmaar for travel within the town.

· Alkmaar is a small town, however there are a number of bars, restaurants and shops including Chemists. Nightlife is pretty much non existent in comparison with Newcastle.

· In the centre of the town is the main square where the cathedral is situated together with most of the aforementioned amenities.

DSB STADION

· The DSB Stadion has a capacity for this match of approximately 16,800.

· The stadium is approximately 45 minutes on foot from Alkmaar town centre.

· The stadium is brand new and there is a distinct lack of transport to and from the town centre. The club will therefore be providing a bus service from Alkmaar station to the stadium before the game and from the stadium to Amsterdam city centre after the game. Further details will be issued separately with regard to these transfers however if will be necessary for any supporter wishing to use this service to obtain a travel voucher from the club. This service is only open to those supporters whose application for a ticket was successful.

· The Club have been allocated 1,000 tickets for this fixture. These are situated in sections K and L behind the goal. There will be a filter cordon leading to three turnstiles which give access to sections K and L.

· At the front of the stand are refreshment kiosks and toilets (both male and female). There are facilities for disabled supporters.

· There are no public houses in the vicinity of the stadium.

· There will be no tickets on sale on the day of the game to either sets of supporters. Supporters without tickets are therefore urged not to travel to Alkmaar. The local police will refuse access near to the stadium to any person not in possession of a valid match ticket. They will also insist that you leave the area.

SAFETY AND SECURITY

· Amsterdam is a busy City and you should exercise caution particularly in central Amsterdam (especially in and around Central Station). As in many large cities, pick pocketing and bag snatching are commonplace. Thieves often operate in gangs, particularly (but not exclusively) on the trains to and from Schiphol airport and Central Station as well as on the trams. While one will attempt to distract you (often by asking for directions or by banging on your window) another picks your pocket or steals your bag. Newly arrived and heavily laden passengers are a particular target for thieves. Be alert at all times. Do not lose sight of your luggage or your belongings. Sleeping passengers make particularly easy targets.

· Opportunist thieves are also widespread and sometimes enter restaurants with the excuse of selling you something or looking for someone. Bags have been known to be stolen from between people's feet whilst they were distracted. Ensure you keep your valuables safely with you at all times and do not leave them unattended or hanging on the back of a chair.

LOCAL LAWS AND CUSTOMS

· The Dutch Government introduced compulsory identification on 1st January 2005. Everybody from the age of 14 is required to be able to show a valid identity document to police officers and other law enforcement authorities on their request. The documents you can use to prove your identity depend on your nationality:

· If you are living in or visiting the Netherlands and are a national of the European Union (or the European Economic Area) you can use your passport or identity card.

· If you are a dual national you can identify yourself with a valid Dutch driver's licence, passport or Dutch/European identity card.

· Photocopies are accepted as a temporary measure but police may insist on seeing the original document as well.

HEALTH

·The club strongly recommends that you obtain comprehensive travel and medical insurance before travelling. You should check any exclusions, and that your policy covers you for the activities you want to undertake.

BRITISH CONSULATE

·The details of the British Consulate in Amsterdam are as follows:

British Consulate Amsterdam.

Koningslaan 44.

1075 AE Amsterdam.

Telephone: +31 (0)20 676 4343

Facsimile : +31 (0)20 676 1069

Guest Mighty Toon Army

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how many you expect to travel to Alkmaar?

I believe you got about a 1000 tickets, but how many do you expect to take there chances? (Which are extremely slim, btw.)

Cheers,

From an unconfirmed source i've heard 1800 applied whereas there were only 1000 on offer.  I’m guessing some of that 800 who applied and were unsuccessful will be going anyway as they would have pre-booked so there will be a fair few toon fans traveling without tickets.

Just to rub salt into the wounds of people who haven’t got tickets i got mine today

Guest Smudger

I managed to get 2 tickets for this one  O0 Should be a cracking match. I reckon there will be many more than a thousand fans out there.

we're flying out on Weds morning from Stanstead to Eindhoven (cost us £39 return), then coach to Amsterdam which is where we're staying, should be there by lunchtime.

Ive not signed up for the coached before and after the game so was wondering how do most of the AZ fans get from the town centre to the ground? There surely must be some buses or some kind of public transport out there. If not I guess we'll have to taxi it and then taxi it back to the train station in Alkmaar after the game as its a 45 minute walk to the town station  :o

See ya over there lads  O0

Guest MaartenTheMagicianMartens

We go to the stadion on our bikes, our cars or our legs. I myself always go on my bike. At the train station there's a lot of taxi's, buses. I don't know where the buses go though, I never use them.

Guest Smudger

We go to the stadion on our bikes, our cars or our legs. I myself always go on my bike. At the train station there's a lot of taxi's, buses. I don't know where the buses go though, I never use them.

Cheers for the information. Looks like its either a taxi to the ground or walking.