We Want Our Game Back

Guest Red_Rizla

Guest Invicta_Toon

bringing in all seater stadiums had nothing to do with clubs, you seriously think Fred would rather have 52,000 seated over 80,000 tickets sold standing?

bringing in all seater stadiums had nothing to do with clubs, you seriously think Fred would rather have 52,000 seated over 80,000 tickets sold standing?

The Government forced the issue,yes,but the LARGER Clubs went for it ,without serious objection because they realised the potential of a 'captive audience'

I'm talking of a terraced section or area.This wouldn't give an extra 30,000 bodies,but standing would be cheaper,surely.

This could help the less financially able to go and if it was on a turnstile basis ,all the better.

And ,yes, you would have to twist Freds' arm up his back.

How?   Well you could start with a petition and maybe non-attendance one matchday before the ticket renewals start arriving.

It MIGHT make the Club think twice

All I'm arguing for Vic is to make the playing field a bit more level for US,

the supporters.You can't disapprove of that ,can you?

I know it's like a mole trying to move a mountain ,but ,you have to start somewhere!!

Guest Invicta_Toon

The Government forced the issue,yes,but the LARGER Clubs went for it ,without serious objection because they realised the potential of a 'captive audience'

I'm talking of a terraced section or area.This wouldn't give an extra 30,000 bodies,but standing would be cheaper,surely.

This could help the less financially able to go and if it was on a turnstile basis ,all the better.

How?   Well you could start with a petition and maybe non-attendance one matchday before the ticket renewals start arriving.

I know it's like a mole trying to move a mountain ,but ,you have to start somewhere!!

I totally reject the idea clubs went for seating. A season ticket is just as valid for terraces as seat

And again, what can clubs do to get terraces back when they are ILLEGAL?

If you think the clubs will ever listen to fans, go right ahead, I'll put my efforts into things I can change in my life

I totally reject the idea clubs went for seating. A season ticket is just as valid for terraces as seat

If you think the clubs will ever listen to fans, go right ahead, I'll put my efforts into things I can change in my life

Terraces are not illegal !!!

The whole football league would have all seater stadia if that were true.You can't make something illegal for one small section of the whole of Britain.

It is purely a recommendation from the Taylor Report

http://www.footballnetwork.org/dev/communityfootball/violence_taylor_report.asp

Which was taken at face value by the Government and the FA.It's only the top echelons of Football forced into providing all seating - clubs don't get promoted unless they comply but it is not ILLEGAL.

You can't change anything in life if you don't even try.If everyone thought like that we'd all still live like serfs.

If you don't want to play - no problem,it is much easier to sit on the side lines and critisize.

If nothing changes YOU are right, but if things do change YOU will still get the benefits

Great painless philosophy for life

(I hope you realise how much time I spent looking these big words up)

Guest Invicta_Toon

The whole football league would have all seater stadia if that were true.You can't make something illegal for one small section of the whole of Britain.

Which was taken at face value by the Government and the FA.It's only the top echelons of Football forced into providing all seating - clubs don't get promoted unless they comply but it is not ILLEGAL.

You can't change anything in life if you don't even try.If everyone thought like that we'd all still live like serfs.

If you don't want to play - no problem,it is much easier to sit on the side lines and critisize.

If nothing changes YOU are right, but if things do change YOU will still get the benefits

ok its not illegal but if you don't have all seater stadiums you are legally not allowed to admit spectators

WTF is the difference?

I wait in vain for you to be proven right after which I will sit smugly basking in the benefit of your achievement

if your auntie had balls...

How?  Well you could start with a petition and maybe non-attendance one matchday before the ticket renewals start arriving.

ok its not illegal but if you don't have all seater stadiums you are legally not allowed to admit spectators

Only in the Premiership, though I'm aware you're discussing the implications for NUFC.

WTF is the difference?

I wait in vain for you to be proven right after which I will sit smugly basking in the benefit of your achievement

if your auntie had balls...

You can admit spectators but the premier league won't let you play with them.The difference is that you don't have to change the LAW,but you can try and persuade them to change the RULES.You can only do that if you stick together.

There is nothing to be proved right or wrong about,was only saying if you tolerate 'things' then nothing will change

If ANYONE has the balls they can fight back ,alternately you can lie down and get humped - figuratively of course

I keep saying it ,if you don't want to play - no problem

Guest Bramble OG

We all know there would be no trouble with atmosphere in our ground if there was a team playing on it like the Mancs have to watch.

Conversely if they had not won a domestic trophy for 50 years they would have an empty ground with only a few souls from Salford turning up.

I wonder if there is a parallel universe where this is happening.

I want to go there now.

Exactly, the main reason we have a shite atmosphere is because we are shit....Take last season when we beat chelsea to grab a place in the intertoto SJP was as loud as ever - If we were scoring goals and winning things at the rate man utd are SJP's atmosphere would be amazing again.

Chelsea fans are the worst IMO - They went 3nil up yesterday and you could see lots of there fans not even getting off there seats when the goal went in, just sat and clapped - There a team challenging for FA CUP, The League and the Champions league

Guest Red_Rizla

Unlike Tony Blair I have been true to my word and have come back to see how the discussion was going. I see you have got onto the subject of standing terraces. Some politicians, and a bbc journalist have been fighting for this recently, having monitored football forums. If you want standing areas than sign the petition below.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A20853795 - a recent article

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/TheRightToStand/sign - government petition

I think it was instigated by a tory as a popular vote winner, but who really gives a shit?