Hameur Bouazza

Cajun

We need to be setting our sights on these players if we are buying REALISTICALLY from the prem:

HYYPIA

BAINES

ASHTON

GABBIDON - Possibly not to sure how good he is but I have heard he is a solid defender

Hyppia better than what we got but how effective would he be, I would be willing to take a risk consdering how shite our defence are.

Baines - Jewell held the Spuds to ransom over Chimbonda if they stay up we are looking at 6 mill plus!

Ashton - I like him and I believe would compliment Owen or Martins well BUT how will he cope after than nasty injury he has had, he will still cost 10 million plus, I would rather spend a little more on Bent if we are going to pay that kind of money (by the way neither are worth that much but given the crazy prices for English talent we will be in double figures for them)

Gabbidon - IMO decent player but would not improve our defence enough, though he had enough about him when he was at Cardiff but he hasn't set the World alight in the Prem. Don't get me wrong I'd have him here over Bramble, Ramage and Moore but not as a 1st choice!

Yorkie, I'm not even sure myself if it was serious or not. Can we afford to sell Luque for peanuts and then not even bother to replace him? Or is he such a non-entity that he doesn't need to be replaced? I'm not thrilled about the prospect of seeing more Pattison/O'Brien next season, when I think about it (although they'll apparently be on loan)... and N'Zogbia will be on his tricycle as well, leaving our "left-w(h)inger" count down to one. It's a funny one because as Roeder alienates more and more of the squad, Luque is actually starting to get a look-in as he's no longer his number one scapegoat. I hope he does something absolutely brilliant in one of these last four games, just to see the reaction to it on here. :lol:

Someone like Bouazza would not be a bad signing, but £4m is probably a little bit steep. If Roeder is still after Babel then I suppose he would suffice in his mind as another option on the left. Who knows what the feck is going to happen, basically? Bouazza has been having a decent season in an utterly toss side, that's undoubtable. But then he's mint on FM, so he's bound to be decent in reality.

Whilst agreeing with you that £4m would be a bit steep, I personally don't think they will sell Bouazza for £4m, they will want more.  Bearing in mind that Watford held out for a fortune for Ashley Young and eventually got £9.6m, I just can't see them settling for less than half of what they got for AY.  As for Babel, Spurs agreed a fee but Babel opted not to move, he wanted a CL team, ideally one which had Wenger as the manager.

That seemed to be the likely move until Ribery recently declared he was moving to the premiership in the summer and that Marseille had set his fee at £12.6m, a figure the club have subsequently confirmed so I believe.  Really depends on who Wenger wants more in his squad, but I think one or other will be joining the pikeys.