Tevez

Belfast Boy

Can anyone clarify just what it was West Ham did wrong to get their 5.5 million fine and more importantly, what they did to rectify it. Whenever they were fined I remember them having until noon on the saturday to sort it out, which apparently they did seeing as Tevez has played a major role (understatement!) since then. So do they now own him, and if he's sold elsewhere will they get profits? And if they still dont own him, as i suspect, and he has now played his last game for them, then how was he allowed to carry on playing after the fine?

I know this may be going over old ground to some, but can anyone answer my questions?

Guest johnson293

I believe the initial problem was that Tevez and Mashcerano were 'owned' and their registrations held by MSI, not Cornithians.

When Mascherano moved to Liverpool, it is believed that Liverpool have him on Loan, but have done some kind of deal so his registration is no longer held/owned by MSI - they also have the option to buy out his contract for £10m - but the imprtant thing being that he is not owned by MSI anymore.

MSI claim to only be acting as Tevez agent now, there are still doubts as whether they still own him or not.

He is still only on loan at West Ham, so if he leaves, they wont get a fee.

But, still not sure if they paid anything, or did a deal like Liverpool to clear his ownership/regsitration from MSI.

Someone else may be able to explain it better tho!

MJ

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/04/28/sfnfro28.xml

West Ham's lawyer, Jim Sturman, admitted the club had broken rule U18, a regulation relating to third-party influence over the policies of a team, and B13, which requires all members of the League to act in good faith.

The commission also found that the contracts with the four companies, registered in the British Virgin Islands and Gibraltar, were not legally binding.

With Mascherano now playing at Liverpool under a revised and approved deal, the Premier League were given permission to rip up Tevez's registration. However, West Ham have until noon today to redraft the agreements with the companies who own his "economic rights"...

I dont think anyone knows what the real deal is with both players' contracts. Hence the Wigan chairman wanting evidence that the contract with the third party was torn up, as West Ham have declared.

Its certainly confusing.

Guest nufc_geordie

Is there not a simple solution to this mess? Transfers are supposedly transparent these days and via the freedom of information act when selling an asset you can ask to see the financial details. If West Ham get the transfer fee when Tevez signs for Rela/Barca/Italian Club etc in the summer then the transfer was above board. If the money does not go in their pockets then relegate them as there was third party influence. Simple!