Sky Sports News - Owen's agent touting him round the "big four" ?

Guest thenorthumbrian

Owen's a lying w*nker. "I'm here, I'm going to give 100% and I've signed a four-year contract. The one thing I will guarantee is goals."

Well tbf, he was here, he did give 100% when he was on the pitch, he did sign a four year deal and he did score goals - Just didn't do any of them enough times :lol:

Guest johnson293

I posted this on another messageboard, but I Wonder if this potential takeover will have any affect on Michael Owen current thoughts/aspirations for the club?

As it stands, there appears to be a clause in his current contract allowing him to leave if we receive a bid of £9m, £11m or £12m (depending on which report you believe) since we have failed to qualify for a european competition.

Regardless of the takeover, he may yet decide to give it one last season out of some sort of guilt for the time out injured (probably against his agent/advisers wishes) - but after that, he would only have one year left of his contract. If next season, he decided he still wanted out, I doubt we'd get a bid of £9m, and would risk losing him for nothing the summer after.

One way to test his loyalty if this takeover goes through, would be to offer him an extension to his current contract, to safeguard our investment beyond this coming season. With new investment, who knows where we may end up - certainly UEFA cup football is a possibility, and that would cancel out that particular release clause. If the future then looks bright, he may stay longer.

But if he refuses to sign the extension (after a takeover), I think we have to consider cutting our losses, and let him go. Better to get £9m, £11m or £12m now, than risk losing him for less, or nothing after that. If he goes now, we have time and money to replace him.

So, I think Big Sam & Freddy or Mike Ashley need to sit him down as soon as he returns from England Duty/Holidays/Horse Racing Events and offer the extension, which will go a long way to him proving his commitment to the club, and also safegaurding our investment/return on him.

MJ

Guest Invicta_Toon

If I was Owen, I'd just phone and say, look NUFC receptionist, I'm off to Spain for 2 months, when you've sorted out who the fuck owns the club, who the fuck manages the team, and who the fuck coaches the team, then get on the phone to my agent and we'll talk

Guest DavB93

Anyone see the bloke who writes the Fans Mag on the North East news, he reackons Owen is as good as gone.

If I was Owen, I'd just phone and say, look NUFC receptionist, I'm off to Spain for 2 months, when you've sorted out who the fuck owns the club, who the fuck manages the team, and who the fuck coaches the team, then get on the phone to my agent and we'll talk

And you would look like a right cunt, hang on you aren't Owen and you still manage it...

;) :D

And you would look like a right cunt, hang on you aren't Owen and you still manage it...

;) :D

Subtle as a brick through a plate glass window.