Benítez: spend big now or risk losing me

Delima

Guest Knightrider

I think Rafa is in for a shock if he's expecting mega money from the new American owners as I can't see them putting their hands in their own pockets myself. Also it is a bit of creative accounting to say Rafa has wasted 100m, it is half that as he's also sold players on and recouped some money and for 50m he has won the Champions League, the FA Cup, got to another Champions League Final and finished in the top 5 in 3 successive seasons. Given how stale LFC were under Houllier that is an excellent return.

I think Rafa is in for a shock if he's expecting mega money from the new American owners as I can't see them putting their hands in their own pockets myself. Also it is a bit of creative accounting to say Rafa has wasted 100m, it is half that as he's also sold players on and recouped some money and for 50m he has won the Champions League, the FA Cup, got to another Champions League Final and finished in the top 5 in 3 successive seasons. Given how stale LFC were under Houllier that is an excellent return.

They're going backwards. :tongue:

Guest Knightrider

They're going backwards. :tongue:

I can see them only getting stronger, unless boardroom politics get in the way, in which case Rafa will be off.