Mediocrity to end ?

macbeth

Well if SA gets the sort of money that has been spoken about in today's papers then I'd expect Newcastle to be challenging at least for 5th place. By challenging I mean that say a week or two before the end of the season I'd want to be within 3 points of that position. I don't think this is being too unrealistic because our league is not that great after the top three.

I would say the top 5 are very strong

chelsea has a very descent side and will be buying one or two i recon

manu we already know they won the league because of being so good now with hargreaves going to them and maybe a striker they will stick where they are

unknowns are liverpool just how much is pushed into the club over the summer depends if they will be truely pushing chelsea and manu

and finally but not least arsenal, top quality youngsters with wenger supposedly still at the helm i would say they will be hard to shift.

aim for this comming season is steadying the ship get back into the uefa cup places if possible and a good cup run.

Guest Geordie Gaz

Well if SA gets the sort of money that has been spoken about in today's papers then I'd expect Newcastle to be challenging at least for 5th place. By challenging I mean that say a week or two before the end of the season I'd want to be within 3 points of that position. I don't think this is being too unrealistic because our league is not that great after the top three.

manu we already know they won the league because of being so good now with hargreaves going to them and maybe a striker they will stick where they are

unknowns are liverpool just how much is pushed into the club over the summer depends if they will be truely pushing chelsea and manu

and finally but not least arsenal, top quality youngsters with wenger supposedly still at the helm i would say they will be hard to shift.

aim for this comming season is steadying the ship get back into the uefa cup places if possible and a good cup run.

Top 4 you mean?

Top 4 you mean?

yes yes I do, was going on to say that the likes of spuds or everton are too strong at the moment with us being up shit creak at the minute and surely headed for a season of transition but didnt have the heart to