West Ham

Guest Nappy Rash

Guest Nappy Rash

Some interesting quotes from Eggurt Egghead this morning:

“However, I am disappointed there is a widespread belief West Ham have a bottomless pit of money to spend on transfer fees and wages.

“This is a great club which will be run on sensible business lines to build a secure, long-term future.

“That includes our policy on players’ wages, set at a ceiling of £55,000 a week.

“Despite figures being circulated in the game, no player at West Ham earns more than that at present.

That'll be a right kick in the plums to the Spuds fans who believe Parker turned them down for a third time because he's a "mercenary"  :idiot2:

Eggheed reckons that he visits the West Ham fans forums aswell, wonder if Ashley has been on here  :blush:

You put ya Argies in, Ya Argies out,

The Iceman comes and kicks the gaffer out,

Ya selling Reo-Coker & ya going down

That's why we love to shout.......

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh shitty, shitty West Ham,

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh shitty, shitty, West Ham,

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh shitty, shitty, West Ham.

Misfits, has-beens, ha ha ha!!

Guest Nappy Rash

Didnt Liverpool convince themselves (and others) that Lucas Neill turned them down because West Ham "doubled" the £40k a week he was offered at Liverpool aswell?  :crazy2:

Guest elbee909

I feel that rendition should have made more of the similarity between 'Coker' and 'Cokey'.  Otherwise  :thup:

Guest Northern Boys Love Gravy!

I really hope that they go down when the results of the tevez thing is released. I suppose that west ham would say that they cant go down because they have already bought loads of players ready for the new season. hmmmm.

As for does Ashley look on forums, well i guess he might do. If he does, good for him lol

Guest Nappy Rash

I don't want to see them relegated, I think with their ambition they've got lots to offer the PL, Sheff Utd on the other hand.

Guest LucaAltieri

As for does Ashley look on forums, well i guess he might do. If he does, good for him lol

Well, he's rarely seen in public... most likely an internet addict.

I don't want to see them relegated, I think with their ambition they've got lots to offer the PL, Sheff Utd on the other hand.

maybe relegated was abit harsh. But at the end of the day they had an ineligable player who shouldnt really of been playing, and what made it worst was that tevez scored the winning goal which kept them up.... i just think its unfair on sheff thats all

Well, he's rarely seen in public... most likely an internet addict.

on msn and ebay all the time, probably got a myspace or bebo page lol  :smitten:

I didn't see the fuss about the Neill deal. He said all along he wanted regular first-team football. Something West Ham could offer him and Liverpool couldn't. People made far too much about that...especially when people are having a go at the likes of Sidwell & Ben Haim for joining Chelsea to sit on their bench.

I didn't see the fuss about the Neill deal. He said all along he wanted regular first-team football. Something West Ham could offer him and Liverpool couldn't. People made far too much about that...especially when people are having a go at the likes of Sidwell & Ben Haim for joining Chelsea to sit on their bench.

I admit i was genuinly upset/ disapointed at the fact that Tal-ben haim went to chel$ki

Guest Nappy Rash

The mourners held a vigil when he went to West Ham, it was mentioned everywhere he went to West Ham for double the Money Liverpool offered, Chris Bascombe, North West Sportswriter of the Year (thats the Scouse Anal to you and I) probably started it  bluelaugh.gif

Im not arsed about Ben Haim or Sidwell joining Chelsea, I can see the reasons why they would go there but to be honest I dont see what the fuss is about either of them.

Sidwell had a good first season granted, but I've never been overly impressed with Ben Haim anyway, saying that its not often Mourinho wants a bad player (dont cite fuckin Boulahrouz).

Boulahrouz, i thought he was a good player when they first signed him.

but to be honest i thought it was abit dodgey givin him the number 9 shirt even though he was a defender/ attacker. because thats why they bought his aswel, for added cover upfront if needs be.

Guest Nappy Rash

Boulahrouz, i thought he was a good player when they first signed him.

but to be honest i thought it was abit dodgey givin him the number 9 shirt even though he was a defender/ attacker. because thats why they bought his aswel, for added cover upfront if needs be.

Ive never heard that before like, I thought he made his name on the back of one good game against England.

Guest Triglett

Likewise, is there even any concrete evidence to suggest that we did enter the race for Parker when West Ham went for him? Apart from 'Sky Sports understands...'?

Ok, so, what about the transfer fees they're willing to pay? £17m for Bent is ridiculous. £8m for Upson? Even £3m for Calum Davenport was £3m too much.

Just speculation, but there is a way of getting round the basic wage, which is what he might be referring to with 55k. Massive signing on fees for example, or performance related pay (appearances, goals etc). 

Maybe I'm being bitter about the whole thing, but I just think Eggman's underplaying things a bit here. Does his 'sensible business' and interests in the 'long term future' include bringing in 6 players (including garbage like Quashie) in the January transfer window at a cost of just off £20m, in a mad rush to avoid relegation? It was hardly even a gamble that paid off, with the exception of Neill, as the rest were either awful or injured, and it was mainly the recovery of form from existing players like Tevez which kept them up. Sacking Pardew so early on looked like it could have been a disaster. I really do think West Ham got lucky, in so many ways...if I'm honest though, I do see them as a threat, but probably only in the short term. I fully believe it'll go tits up in the not too distant future.

Guest Nappy Rash

Garbage like Quashie kept up them up you daft get  :uglystupid2:

Parker has turned you lot down 3 times, deal with it, the fact he supports you lot should speak volumes.

Keep convincing yourselves (via ITK cringeworthy, attention seeking bollocks) that players only go elsewhere for money where if they join you its because they've taken a paycut and have ambition.

Jenas only got pay parity with his England peers (Defoe) by joining you daft fuckers  :celb:

Guest Triglett

Fuck me. Did you actually pay any attention to West Ham, or even what I just said?

Quashie was shit. Spammers can't wait to get rid of him. Invariably at a loss...does that strike you as 'sound business'? For a player who only played the first 7 games, and then missed the last 9 (where they actually had their best run?), being replaced by a homegrown player in Mark Noble?

3 times? Where did you get that from? Deal with it? I couldn't be fucking happier.

Where have I mentioned ITK info? In what way am I attention seeking? Why do you keep bringing Spurs into it, when we didn't even compete for the likes of Neill, Boa Morte, Upson etc?

In fact, is there any substance to you post?

Guest Nappy Rash

You're suggesting that there was no evidence Spuds were interested in Parker you tool, Ive just reminded you it wasn't just this once.

I dont care whether Quashie was shit, brilliant or indifferent, shit like him kept them up, therefore, numbnuts, their transfer policy was a success.

Where did I say you mentioned ITK info, where did I say you were attention seeking? Where do I keep bringing Spuds into it? Where did anyone mention Spuds going for LMB, Neill or anyone else?

I suppose I keep bringing Liverpool into things aswell do I?

Practice what you preach nugget, read.

Guest Triglett

You're suggesting that there was no evidence Spuds were interested in Parker you tool, Ive just reminded you it wasn't just this once.

You didn't tell me there was evidence that he turned us down to go to West Ham. All I saw was a throwaway line in a Sky Sports article that they understood we made a late bid. >

I dont care whether Quashie was s***, brilliant or indifferent, s*** like him kept them up, therefore, numbnuts, their transfer policy was a success.

You're missing the point. He didn't keep them up, and neither did their transfer policy. Neill was the only signing that wasn't a dismal failure and played

Where did I say you mentioned ITK info, where did I say you were attention seeking? Where do I keep bringing Spuds into it? Where did anyone mention Spuds going for LMB, Neill or anyone else? I suppose I keep bringing Liverpool into things aswell do I?

"Keep convincing yourselves (via ITK cringeworthy, attention seeking bollocks) that players only go elsewhere for money where if they join you its because they've taken a paycut and have ambition."

That had nothing to do with what I said in my orignal post

Practice what you preach nugget, read.

It's great if you feel all clever with sly digs and insults. Really is unnecessary though. Most people I've talked to on here seem perfectly able to talk to a rival fan without coming across as a complete cunt in the process. Not sure why you're being so aggressive.

Guest Nappy Rash

You didn't tell me there was evidence that he turned us down to go to West Ham. All I saw was a throwaway line in a Sky Sports article that they understood we made a late bid.

I dont need to, like I said, I reminded you this was the third time.

You're missing the point. He didn't keep them up, and neither did their transfer policy. Neill was the only signing that wasn't a dismal failure and played

No you're missing the point, I never said he kept them up, I said their transfer policy worked, they avoided relegation, even s*** players making up the numbers and giving them options contributed.

That had nothing to do with what I said in my orignal post

Mine was gross generalistion, you just happen to have grossly misread my post.

It's great if you feel all clever with sly digs and insults. Really is unnecessary though. Most people I've talked to on here seem perfectly able to talk to a rival fan without coming across as a complete c*** in the process. Not sure why you're being so aggressive.

Im agrressive when your retort  to your first ever conversation with me is "f*** me, do you actually pay any attention to West Ham or what I said"  :lol:

Poor sensitive Spuds.

Like I said practice what you preach  :coolsmiley:

Guest Triglett

I just think you're wrong, in pretty much everything you've said, but I'm not going to sit there, analyse and explain your every word. I hate it when a couple of people cause a thread to degenerate into a needless slanging match. Maybe that's me being sensitive, but maybe I don't care.

So, maybe we can let this thread get back on track?

Guest Nappy Rash

Aye Im wrong, I quoted the chairman of West Ham, then used general knowledge that is available in the public domain to point out a few little things but aye Im totally wrong.

Maybe you dont care, but typing and throwing a strop would suggest otherwise.

At least you're consistent, I'll give you that  :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

Thought this was a Newcastle forum. Seems I was wrong

bring back general football forum

the people are CONFUSED!!!!