Ranking clubs by how "BIG" they are.

Sparks

Guest Nappy Rash

Wouldnt we all, apart from Man Ure, Liverpool and Arsenal there's f*** all seperating a lot of the rest of us though.

Chelsea are only now just a couple ahead of us with their recent successes, but I bet we'd all like to be in there shoes  :parky:

Guest NSMagpie

You constantly hear people debate whether other clubs are "big" or not. So what defines a club as being big and which clubs come near the top of the list?

1. Fixed Assests - Essentially your ground size and core fanbase that will always turn up.

2. Finances  -  The Money and Capital the club has. The ability to invest in new players and facilities.

3. Ability to attract players - It's fine having money or doing well on the pitch, but it needs to put it to use in buying new players.

4. Playing history - Important for the prestige of the club and bragging rights, but very limited in terms of what modern use it has.

5. Future potential - Can a club continue to improve or have they gone as far as they can, are there no new fans to attract or no better players they can attract.

IMHO, to call a football club "big", you have to take into account as follows:

1. Results in the past ten years (that is, titles, CL qualifications, Europe qualifications, matches with quality opposition)

2. History

3. Fans (and sold out seats)

4. Infrastructure

5. Income and ability to generate one

Guest NSMagpie

Succesful clubs win trophies, not big clubs

In that case, I'll go for being a successful club every time.

I really can't think of a big club, except Newcastle United, that is not succesfull. ;)

But, that's just my best 2 cents.

Guest optimistic nit

These dick-comparing arguments always descend into bitter recrimination, so I shall be staying relatively clear of this one.

This isn't about league positions it's about the size of the club.

People seem to be struggling with this.

and the size of the club is down to their fan base. Half of the teams people have posted are way off.

That would make Torino a bigger club than Juventus then?

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

This isn't about league positions it's about the size of the club.

People seem to be struggling with this.

and the size of the club is down to their fan base. Half of the teams people have posted are way off.

That would make Torino a bigger club than Juventus then?

Torino only have more fans than Juventus in their city. Overall Italian and Worldwide support is in favour of Juventus.