Oba not going anywhere - the man himself

Guest 22bnw

Yeh great news to be honest, more chuffed with this news than i am with OWen "commiting" looks like our strike force has a bit of venom now, would love to see a 4th or 5th striker who could be a real prospect. Not really seen much of Caroll to say if he's a definitive prospect. it stil kinda niggles me that Shola is our 4th striker, i dont really like him as a player, too gangly....poor mans crouch. Lets just see what defenders Sam decideds to bring in

Guest sicko2ndbest

Newcastle United striker Obafemi Martins admits he'd like to return to Italy.

The former Inter Milan forward told Tuttosport: "I do not know if there were was genuine interest, that is if Juventus has really tried for me. It would have made me very happy, because to know that a great club is following you, means to say that there is someone that believes in your talent and the possibility to show it.

"Now, I am very happy in Newcastle and it would appeal to me to still stay here for a little longer. But the idea of returning to Italy sooner or later appeals to me."

The Nigeria international added: "Here in Newcastle, for the moment, I want to repay the confidence that they are showing in me."