Apart from the big 4 who will finish above us this season?

Parky

Think its a big ask to think about anything other than 6-7 at this point - in fact, without some new defenders of decent quality, even higher than 10th may be beyond us.

Its not that there isn't quality - there is ; forwards look good(but suspect to injury),midfield has plenty of options when Barton is fit although we will need to replace Dire - I do expect Troisi to be the dark horse that breaks into the first team this year and with him plus Geremi's versatility, we should be OK there.

Its in defence where the problems are - full-backs both need replacement, and Taylor worries me - he is starting to look injury-prone so we could really do with Campbell alongside Rozenhal - Edgar & Huntington will understudy the first choices.

However, should we get some decent defenders in and get off to a good start, we just might surprise a few people, but staying clear of injuries is critical with a thin squad.

Will go for 7th behind the usual Top4, Spurs & Everton or Portsmouth - but I wouldn't put money on it as injuries could just as easily result in 10th.

Are players really attracted by the prospect of playing in the UEFA cup these days?

Serious question. The current format ruins it.

I personally don't think it's a big issue. I think the location and ambition of the club are bigger issues for a player and his family.