New contract for Oba without the clauses - The Times

Guest Toon83

what kind of idiot thinks it was a bad idea to have a £13m clause for a player that cost £10m?

even more, who pays the fucker even more to 'ignore' it? I mean are we actually saying if someone came in for Martins for £13.1m, we want him to refuse and we won't consider the deal? f*** sake, he's good, but he's not that FCKin good

Because a players value goes up if they perform well over a season?

plenty had him under-valued to the tune of 50% when he arrived, swings and roundabouts tbh

£3m in a year? doubt it. In fact, who has ever left NUFC for a profit, let alone £3m in a year?

Yep, you're right. Lets sell arguably our best striker hey?

Guest Invicta_Toon

what kind of idiot thinks it was a bad idea to have a £13m clause for a player that cost £10m?

even more, who pays the fucker even more to 'ignore' it? I mean are we actually saying if someone came in for Martins for £13.1m, we want him to refuse and we won't consider the deal? f*** sake, he's good, but he's not that FCKin good

plenty had him under-valued to the tune of 50% when he arrived, swings and roundabouts tbh

£3m in a year? doubt it. In fact, who has ever left NUFC for a profit, let alone £3m in a year?

1. no one even wants him

2. why not? we'll soon have the ideal squad to play 2-2-6

1. no one even wants him

2. why not? we'll soon have the ideal squad to play 2-2-6

;D how true!

He has his faults but you can't ignore how much he helped us last year. He is young and can only get better. 20 goals is definitely a possibility if he gets his chances and we have some long cup runs! Looking forward to the rotation system.. yes that's right Newcastle have enough first team players to rotate!!!!  :clap: (Up front anyway.....)

Guest Invicta_Toon

aye we definitely need rotation, what with a whole 1 game a week this season

I see why we need a fitness guru now, these fuckers will be sitting on the bench more often than not, thinking of ways to spend their renegotiated contracts

Guest Invicta_Toon

I wonder who else earned a renegotiation this year 1 season after joining. Berbatov?

Yes.

from what to what?

aye we definitely need rotation, what with a whole 1 game a week this season

I see why we need a fitness guru now, these fuckers will be sitting on the bench more often than not, thinking of ways to spend their renegotiated contracts

Yeah, but its good to have it right?  ???

With the history of horrendous injuries, the rotation system will be used for about 3 or 4 games then a few of them will get injured and by the end of the season we will have Stevie Harper upfront! 

Will be relieved if this gets sorted. Keen to see him alongside proper strikers rather than converted midfielders like Sibierski and Dyer. I think he's been crying out for a strike partner like Viduka and could have a lot more to offer when he can concentrate on his strengths and take up different positions. Everyone used to talk about what Bellamy did for Shearer, but there was a lot that Shearer did for Bellamy. It was an excellent partnership and we could be looking at the same again with Viduka/Owen or Viduka/Martins. The common denominator is unfortunately an injury prone striker, but there you are.

It's worth the added wages to remove the uncertainty such a clause brings. Espescially if, as with Owen's contract, his release figure dips year on year.

I wonder who else earned a renegotiation this year 1 season after joining. Berbatov?

Yes.

from what to what?

Spurs want to negotiate a new contract for him, he doesn't have a buy out clause either.

If he did and they felt it would be activated do you think they would be stupid to renegotiate?

Oh shut up for fuck's sake.

He's a key player. A potentially excellent one. And Allardyce is desperate to hang on to him.

Jesus Christ.

Yes.

from what to what?

Not entirely sure about the details (in fact has it been signed yet?), but Berbatov was arguably the best signing in the premiership last season and it's no shock that Spurs are throwing money at him with constant Liverpool and Man Utd speculation!

Guest Invicta_Toon

He's a key player. A potentially excellent one. And Allardyce is desperate to hang on to him.

Jesus Christ.

I think Dyer was a key player once too. I think he also got a pay rise and a 4 year contract

Jesus Christ.

I think Dyer was a key player once too. I think he also got a pay rise and a 4 year contract

Why? Just why? What do you actually get out of it?

Can't be arsed with Wums. So, so, so dull and monotonous.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Jesus Christ.

Why? Just why? What do you actually get out of it?

Can't be arsed with Wums. So, so, so dull and monotonous.

and I can't be arsed with idiots whinging when they can't argue their point

Martins is already well paid and well priced on the basis of one season, with a guaranteed salary of £60k for the next 3 years even if his form turns to shit

If you think that's an amazingly outlandish opinion, more fool you tbh

Yes.

from what to what?

Spurs want to negotiate a new contract for him, he doesn't have a buy out clause either.

If he did and they felt it would be activated do you think they would be stupid to renegotiate?

You not going to answer this then, Vic?

:rolleyes:

He's offering him a new contract because he wants to keep him, so wants to get rid of the clauses. I'd say "get that into your head", or something along those lines. But you already know that because you're just 'WUM-ing'.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Yes.

from what to what?

do you think there's been similar interest for both players like? and do you think Berbatov is on 60k?

Yes.

from what to what?

do you think there's been similar interest for both players like? and do you think Berbatov is on 60k?

No there hasn't and I doubt Berbatov is on £60k, you didn't answer my question btw.

Guest Invicta_Toon

:rolleyes:

He's offering him a new contract because he wants to keep him, so wants to get rid of the clauses. I'd say "get that into your head", or something along those lines. But you already know that because you're just 'WUM-ing'.

I'd question the fear that says you must increase his contract now, because IF someone comes in for £13m he'll be off like a shot without us even getting a chance to renegotiate, even though he has one of the best deals around, because that's just how he rolls!!!!111ZZZ

but then I think that would just confuse you and you'd call me names again. You still at school btw?

Guest Invicta_Toon

Yes.

from what to what?

No there hasn't and I doubt Berbatov is on £60k, you didn't answer my question btw.

based on your answer, have a guess what I might think

Yes.

from what to what?

based on your answer, have a guess what I might think

I don't want to guess, I want you to tell me.

You said: "what kind of idiot thinks it was a bad idea to have a £13m clause for a player that cost £10m?"

If Spurs had a £13 million clause in Berbatov's contract when he signed would you think it was a bad idea?