Jump to content

MrRaspberryJam

Member
  • Posts

    11,123
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MrRaspberryJam

  1. Did say except for Ake in my next post! Completely forgot about Mings but I think he's a big stiff idiot anyway. Granted he'd still get into our side like.
  2. Lascelles, Fernandez & Schar surely better than Francis, Cook and Adam Smith!
  3. As much as our players are gash, we've got better defenders than he had at Bournemouth, surely?
  4. As long as Ritchie isn't playing LWB and is in more of an attacking role I don't think he'll be anywhere near as much of a liability.
  5. I think after having their fingers burnt by playing the Emery appointment out in public, I wouldn't be surprised if Howe was appointed out of the blue and takes training today.
  6. It'll be Howes job to prove the owners wrong. Jones in charge for Brighton man. Howe is underwhelming but ffs just get him in charge ASAP.
  7. Picked more than just his nose.
  8. It'll be Charnley haggling over Jason Tindall's signing on fee.
  9. From Telegraph: Newcastle United have shifted their attention to persuading Eddie Howe to become their new manager after Unai Emery rejected an offer to replace Steve Bruce. Howe is said to have impressed during his interview at the weekend and there were those involved in the consortium who preferred him to Emery, before a vote marginally favoured the Spaniard. Interestingly, Howe had prepared a detailed plan of what he would do if he became Newcastle’s manager, which included the areas of recruitment, tactics and coaching methods. It was said to be incredibly detailed and encouraging as it fitted in with the ideas the owners have for the first team squad. Whether he has changed his mind about wanting the job given Emery was preferred as first choice remains to be seen, but sources have told Telegraph Sport they do not think that will be the case. Talks have already opened and Howe was assured earlier this week that they had been impressed with his pitch for the job so he is unlikely to be have been soured against the idea. That should ensure a smooth appointment, although it is unlikely he will be in charge of the team in time to face Brighton this weekend and painful lessons have been learned by Newcastle’s new owners this week. In an embarrassing public snub, after sources had briefed the Villareal manager would be in charge of the team against Brighton this weekend, Emery killed things with a statement which hinted at how annoyed he and his employers had been at the way things had been handled. “No matter how much noise there was yesterday in another country,” Emery said. “Within the club [Villareal] there was transparency and loyalty with the Roig family and with my squad, which is maximum and for me is the most important thing. “Villareal CF is my home and I am 100 per cent committed.” Telegraph Sport revealed on Tuesday that he has been identified as the first choice by the club’s new Saudi Arabian owners, fronted by the financier Amanda Staveley, but insisted there was a long way to go before a deal was concluded. It was subsequently reported, erroneously, that Emery had effectively agreed to join Newcastle just hours before Villareal played a crucial Champions League game against Young Boys. Although Emery confirmed there had been interest in him, he was noncommittal in public after the game, but in private he and his team were furious. Villareal were also incensed that this had all occurred on the day of an important game and in a meeting late on Tuesday night, the two parties agreed he would remain in Spain. Newcastle tried to revive the deal on Wednesday morning but sources told Telegraph Sport that the chances of his coming were “very slim.” Talks with Emery’s brother Igor took place before lunchtime, when it was made clear the 50 year-old, who was celebrating his birthday, would not be accepting the offer made to him. Search for manager threatens to become embarrassing The public nature of the snub is a huge blow to Staveley, who was front and centre of the recruitment process. Having done well to identify Emery as a target, to lose him in such dramatic and untimely fashion does not reflect well on anyone involved. It is not a mortal blow and teething problems were to be expected, but Newcastle’s new board must now hope that Howe has not had a change of heart as they need a manager urgently. Interim manager Graeme Jones does not want to lead the team for much longer and Howe would be a fine alternative given the work he did with Bournemouth. The 43 year-old has been out of work for the last 18 months and turned down the chance to manage Celtic back in the summer. Like Emery, he is seen as a good coach, as well as manager, who can improve results before the January transfer window opens. Newcastle have nine games to play before the end of the year and already six points adrift of safety, having not won a game since May.
  10. Fucking hell. As if I actually want Allardyce in man!
  11. Thought everyone liked Benitez?
  12. Give it to Allardyce until the end of the season and if he keeps us up give him such a handsome reward that he never has to manage any football club ever again. Then appoint Benitez.
  13. He's managed 10 clubs since 2007. He's a wee bit of a journeyman already. He might not actually be as good as some folk are making out.
  14. Fonseca is sounding desperate.
  15. Even Bruce has unearthed some 'gems' so to speak: Robertson, Maguire, McGinn.. its what you do with them that counts.
  16. At this point, just get Howe in so at least its not Jones in charge on Saturday.
  17. Well, Balague is still a drunk.
  18. I'd have snapped your hands off for Howe under Ashley, that's about it.
  19. If Emery had outright knocked us back I doub't we'd be scrambling to keep the deal alive. Surely it's a negotiating tactic.
×
×
  • Create New...