UEFA Cup Draw

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest nufc_geordie

I'm at work, watching the UEFA cup draw on the internet on www.uefa.com, and it is well strange the way they seem to be doing it this year. I have no sound or anything so I can only say what I see, but it appears that the groups have been drawn first, for the second round, each consisting of 5 seeded teams and five unseeded teams, then after these ten teams are selected, then the seeds are drawn against the non-seeds in each group, the winners being the teams left in the group for the next round. Some pretty naughty looking groups if the seeds go through:

Sevilla

Rapid Bucharest

Locomotiv Moskow

Bolton

Fiorentina

Villareal

Leverkusen

Zenit

Galatasaray

Everton

The other English Teams should be OK I think, providing they get through their first round matches!

I don't think this has anything to do with the next round. I'm sure last year they took all the seeded teams and put them in different pots when drawing the first round. Essentially it means you know that you'll play one out of whatever small number of teams are in the unseeded pot you are paired with.

Once this round is over they'll draw the groups up in a similar way to the CL draw.

Interesting, Spurs' opposition are currently managed by Ketsbaia

Mint! Imagine his reaction if they win!

He would kick Jol tbh.

Are they from Cyprus or Greece? I reckon SSN is making a faux pas if they keep calling them Greek when they are actually from Cyprus.