Newcastle Vs England

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I couldn't care less about International football, I've only ever been to one International at Wembley and it wasn't anything like going to see Newcastle.  I'll watch certain teams for a while but if the football isn't worth watching I'll find something better to do.

If England play good football then I'll watch them but I usually switch off after 5 minutes.

I always used to go to Wembley when Brazil came to play - it's an education to see these guys in action live and every time was different.

Remember one visit in May 1992 when we got quite close to the pitch and the amazing close control/immediate passing of the Brazilians was magic to watch - they can even trap and control a ball coming slightly behind them by using the back of their heels....!

Also, a side benefit was the female supporters - probably some of the most stunning women in the world live in Brazil....!!

As for following England, I naturally want them to win, but its not like being at SJP - the best I can remember for atmosphere was against the French in early 1969(we were WC holders then), and we beat them 5-0, and also against the Scots in 1971 & 1975 - we won 3-1 and 5-1 respectively, and it was great to shut them up after all the ant-English stuff before & during the match, PLUS the fact that they relished p------g in the stadium NEXT to the toilets....they were all arguing with each other & gesticulating at each other out of bus windows on the North Circular afterwards !!

The england setup is one of the biggest jokes in football.  Its been a circus rather than a football performance since bobby robson left.

Apart from the odd game its been really poor football from england since euro 96.  They just look so faltering in the last third.  The games against argentina are the only ones that have any real buzz about them; otherwise the players just seem to go through the motions of suffering the poor managers/tactics.

However if the corporate numpties wanna blow their money on this drivel, theni guess that some of it dribbles from the fa feeding trough to the grassroots football.  Its the only thing that makes the whole comedy parade worth a smidgen of salt.

at least when gazza and shearer were around, it was  fun watching england.  For me atmo its just an embarasment.