NUFC missing a Right Winger

Guest SLK

Oh dear, another fan boy with his knickers in a twist.

Nobody has said get him out, they're simply saying if we want to improve then we should look to bring in better, the same as we've done with Steven "The next John Terry" Taylor.

I am not a phucking fan boy. 

Lunatics come out the wood work talking about replacing a future prospect 6 games into a season. 

Fooking stupid twat.

Nobody has said get him out, they're simply saying if we want to improve then we should look to bring in better, the same as we've done with Steven "The next John Terry" Taylor.

Lunatics come out the wood work talking about replacing a future prospect 6 games into a season. 

Fooking stupid twat.

:lol: Laters.

how often does milner get to the byline, or is our main carrier of the ball during a counter attack?

How often does Milner take up good positions in the box?

How often does Milner show variety in his crossing and whip it in behind the back four? Quite often

How often does Milner beat his man, get away from him and draw other defenders out of position like N'Zogbia does? Quite often

How often does he stretch games?

etc.

Imo. And the top one, well that just ain't his game - he hugs the touchline. Call me cynical and presumptuous, but you're bound to point that out as a flaw, given that you admire Robert so much (that's the presumptuous bit...). (?)

Can you give me some examples of when he's whipped good balls in behind the back four? If you look at N'Zogbia's time on the wing he done it quite alot, Owen scored from a few of them and it's the sort of cross wingers need to put in.

Milner on the other hand gets the ball, beats his man, beats him again because he's too slow to run away from him and goes for the high ball into the box, the problem with that is while he's be fannying around out on the touchline the opposition have had time to pack the penalty box out.

Bolton.

I suppose someone in the Newcastle team has to be the scapegoat now that the rest have been peddled.

Yeah lets go and get rid of good prospect.

Seriously tho, we have N'Zogbia and Milner as left and right wingers.  We have balance for the next 5 years.  All we need is cover for RW.

A scapegoat for what exactly?

Again, nobody has said we should get rid of him, they've said he isn't that good and we should be looking for better than him.

You seem to be quite upset that people don't think of him as some sort of top talent.

Guest clarkyshan

How often does Milner show variety in his crossing and whip it in behind the back four?

How often does Milner beat his man, get away from him and draw other defenders out of position like N'Zogbia does?

Hes twenty fookin one man, he is till learning the game and improving all the time.   I knew this would happen, all the loonies picking on individual players.  The season is only 6 games old. 

If Milner doesn't beat 6 players, take it to the by line and whip a ball to the back post 10 times a match he is not good enough.

GET HIM OUT OF NEWCASTLE UNITED NOW,HE IS s***.

your the one trying to rim n'zogbia after four games

how often does milner get to the byline, or is our main carrier of the ball during a counter attack?

How often does Milner show variety in his crossing and whip it in behind the back four? Quite often

How often does Milner beat his man, get away from him and draw other defenders out of position like N'Zogbia does? Quite often

etc.

Imo. And the top one, well that just ain't his game - he hugs the touchline. Call me cynical and presumptuous, but you're bound to point that out as a flaw, given that you admire Robert so much (that's the presumptuous bit...). (?)

Can you give me some examples of when he's whipped good balls in behind the back four? If you look at N'Zogbia's time on the wing he done it quite alot, Owen scored from a few of them and it's the sort of cross wingers need to put in.

Milner on the other hand gets the ball, beats his man, beats him again because he's too slow to run away from him and goes for the high ball into the box, the problem with that is while he's be fannying around out on the touchline the opposition have had time to pack the penalty box out.

Bolton.

When?

How often does Milner show variety in his crossing and whip it in behind the back four?

How often does Milner beat his man, get away from him and draw other defenders out of position like N'Zogbia does?

Hes twenty fookin one man, he is till learning the game and improving all the time.   I knew this would happen, all the loonies picking on individual players.  The season is only 6 games old. 

If Milner doesn't beat 6 players, take it to the by line and whip a ball to the back post 10 times a match he is not good enough.

GET HIM OUT OF NEWCASTLE UNITED NOW,HE IS s***.

your the one trying to rim n'zogbia after four games

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=45156.msg1007151#msg1007151

Fooking stupid twat.

I like how you stop yourself from using the word fucking, only to call me a twat at the end. O0 :lol:

etc.

Bolton.

When?

Too true supplied the ball for Martins overhead kick.  :coolsmiley:

He does it alot, its just unlikely you remeber unless it leads to a goal. He's put in numerous crosses for Viduka too, but he's been pants and gets outmuscled by his marker 99+ % of the time.

Nice touch eh.

You like that bitch.  O0

You have come up with no other player except SWP, who has been one of Chelseas best players this season.

Give Milner RW and N'Zogbia LW roles for this season then think about replacing if they are not up to the next level.

My money would be on Milner getting more goals and assits. 

etc.

Bolton.

When?

Had a look around but can't find the clip... i think it was Milner's ball for Martins' overhead...? Might be wrong.

etc.

Bolton.

When?

He does it alot, its just unlikely you remeber unless it leads to a goal. He's put in numerous crosses for Viduka too, but he's been pants and gets outmuscled by his marker 99+ % of the time.

How was his cross for Martins him whipping it in behind the back four? :undecided:

Btw the cross for Martins goal wasn't even that good, similar to how Geremi's cross for Viduka's goal wasn't either, both goals were scored because of great individual work by our front men to make something out of average crosses, in Martins case a ball that was put in behind him who only very few players in the Premiership could have made something of.

Nice touch eh.

You like that bitch.   O0

You have come up with no other player except SWP, who has been one of Chelseas best players this season.

Give Milner RW and N'Zogbia LW roles for this season then think about replacing if they are not up to the next level.

My money would be on Milner getting more goals and assits. 

Look at who our rivals have down the right.

Everton - Arteta

Spurs - Lennon

Blackburn - Bentley

All of those are better than Milner.

Guest clarkyshan

etc.

Bolton.

When?

How was his cross for Martins him whipping it in behind the back four? :undecided:

Btw the cross for Martins goal wasn't even that good, similar to how Geremi's cross for Viduka's goal wasn't either, both goals were scored because of great individual work by our front men to make something out of average crosses, in Martins case a ball that was put in behind him who only very few players in the Premiership could have made something of.

crap cross. the way it went to the man and he scored from it terrible, bet big sam knocks that out of him.

etc.

Bolton.

When?

Milner puts in more crosses than anyone else in our team FACT! More than most in the Prem if i remember rightly, not 100% but i think it was only Pennant that put in more last season, something like that, can't be arsed to look it up? I suppose you didn't see the Palermo match where his cross was so good even Luque coulden't miss his header from 1 yard out ??

I respect your view and kind of see where your coming from but unless we can sign someone miles better (who?) i'm very happy with Milner as he's a cracking young player.

Some great posts in this thread. ;)

There is no point comparing Milner with Zog, they're different players and it's irrelevant. All that matters is whether or not a player is good enough in the context of our ambitions.

Zog was crap last season so I won't get carried away with him this time around. I find it scary that people think Milner was our best player last season because it shows how crap we were, this being the opinion of some all I can say is that being our best player last time around doesn't make him good enough for what our ambitions ought to be. We have to improve across the entire squad and that is what FS has been trying to do.

I don't think I'd shift Milner unless a stupid offer came in, every player has a price. How good he's going to be I don't know, but he is just about potential right now and I'm not sure that he's going to become a really top player, the lack of pace will ultimately hold him back unless he becomes really, really clever and I don't think he has the football brain for that.

So, bottom line is I see him as someone who can be improved upon for sure but he's far from being crap.

Any comparison with Parker in their respective positions and their influence on the team would be a nonsense if any have been made.

etc.

Bolton.

When?

crap cross. the way it went to the man and he scored from it terrible, bet big sam knocks that out of him.

:lol:    :lol: 

etc.

Bolton.

When?

Milner puts in more crosses than anyone else in our team FACT! More than most in the Prem if i remember rightly, not 100% but i think it was only Pennant that put in more last season, something like that, can't be arsed to look it up? I suppose you didn't see the Palermo match where his cross was so good even Luque coulden't miss his header from 1 yard out ??

I respect your view and kind of see where your coming from but unless we can sign someone miles better (who?) i'm very happy with Milner.

Again it's not the point, yes he put a great cross in for Luque to score against Palermo but that hardly makes him a top winger because of it, how people fail to see the bigger picture about what you should be looking for from a winger in the Premiership and what Milner offers us is beyond me, putting in the odd decent cross isn't enough.

Did people miss what we were like before we signed Bellamy and Robert and changed from a midtable team to a CL one just by adding pace? This is what we should be looking to add again, does anyone wonder why Benitez looks for pacey wingers? Or Ferguson? Pace stretches games and it's so painfully obvious that I can't believe people can't see it.

etc.

Bolton.

When?

I respect your view and kind of see where your coming from but unless we can sign someone miles better (who?) i'm very happy with Milner.

Again it's not the point, yes he put a great cross in for Luque to score against Palermo but that hardly makes him a top winger because of it, how people fail to see the bigger picture about what you should be looking for from a winger in the Premiership and what Milner offers us is beyond me, putting in the odd decent cross isn't enough.

Did people miss what we were like before we signed Bellamy and Robert and changed from a midtable team to a CL one just by adding pace? This is what we should be looking to add again, does anyone wonder why Benitez looks for pacey wingers? Or Ferguson? Pace stretches games and it's so painfully obvious that I can't believe people can't see it.

Yes i'd love a SWP etc but Milners a very good player.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=44908.0

Respect your view but just don't agree.

If we talking about a team for the future lets get rid of Owen first....  :rolleyes:

Christ by the sounds of things on here i would have guessed we finished top 6 last season, i know its good to talk about ifs and buts but in reality we wasn't even the 10th best team in England last season based on stats. This season is all about consolidating and at the very least getting back inside the top 10 and maybe into Europe and to do that we'll need Milner wherever. People seen to forget about his great engine in games and although not blessed with great pace, i guess no one has bothered to mention how many times hes been injured at newcastle compared to the likes of Duff/Owen who on their day would rip teams to shreds who probably are better players, but how many games have they actually played, compared to no pace Milner. Footballers can't really win can they, either not good enough, sits on his ass picking up his wage, injury prone etc etc. I know people who are saying he will never be good enough for a top 4 team where they are coming from, but in this day and age a boy of 21 years of age James Milner has been a great professional to the club always gives 100% and to think that half a year ago NUFC was going behind his back.

Some people need to get a reality check

If we talking about a team for the future lets get rid of Owen first....  :rolleyes:

Christ by the sounds of things on here i would have guessed we finished top 6 last season, i know its good to talk about ifs and buts but in reality we wasn't even the 10th best team in England last season based on stats. This season is all about consolidating and at the very least getting back inside the top 10 and maybe into Europe and to do that we'll need Milner wherever. People seen to forget about his great engine in games and although not blessed with great pace, i guess no one has bothered to mention how many times hes been injured at newcastle compared to the likes of Duff/Owen who on their day would rip teams to shreds who probably are better players, but how many games have they actually played, compared to no pace Milner. Footballers can't really win can they, either not good enough, sits on his ass picking up his wage, injury prone etc etc. I know people who are saying he will never be good enough for a top 4 team where they are coming from, but in this day and age a boy of 21 years of age James Milner has been a great professional to the club always gives 100% and to think that half a year ago NUFC was going behind his back.

Some people need to get a reality check

People need a reality check because they think we should be looking to improve on him? I can see the obvious difference between looking to bring in better players to improve as a team and settling for what we've got because he's a nice lad who gives 100%.

Speaking of reality checks, nice signature. O0