Damage Derby mess has done ?

Guest Phil K

Well said Parky, the game on monday night was just the tip of whats been a poor start to the season performance wise, we need to put a good one in today as we've got a tough few games coming up against teams we're likely to be competing with if we want to qualify for Europe.

How many teams have those three beaten by that level ?

And that ISN'T a guide to how crappy Derby are ????

Yes can be, but can you not comprehend that Derby are gonna try harder at their ground, in front of their own supporters??

The result wasn't helped by the fact we played badly - no one is denying that - but not everyone is flying into some sort of mouth foaming panic over ONE RESULT, like you and many others on here!

If the teams that thumped Derby had produced the same performances against other sides, you may have a point.

They haven't and you don't therefore have a point either.

I'm also too thick to be able to compare Derby's performance against Arsenal yesterday to their performance against us. In fact quality of performance isnt even a variable i look at when assessing football as its just plain stupid. It also never varies so people who do look at it are just stupid.

Guest firetotheworks

Yes can be, but can you not comprehend that Derby are gonna try harder at their ground, in front of their own supporters??

The result wasn't helped by the fact we played badly - no one is denying that - but not everyone is flying into some sort of mouth foaming panic over ONE RESULT, like you and many others on here!

If the teams that thumped Derby had produced the same performances against other sides, you may have a point.

Christ! Do you frown at flowers and slow down to watch train crashes?

Do you consider all negatives "positives with a frowny face" ?

Don't talk wet man.

I'm also too thick to be able to compare Derby's performance against Arsenal yesterday to their performance against us. In fact quality of performance isnt even a variable i look at when assessing football as its just plain stupid. It also never varies so people who do look at it are just stupid.

:razz:

:rolleyes:

I've just watched the Arsenal game on repeat on TPS, Arsenal were imperious and Derby did nothing that they got right on monday.

Guest firetotheworks

Do you consider all negatives "positives with a frowny face" ?

Don't talk wet man.

Nah, Im just suggesting (light heartedly) that you might be miserable and cant see the good in anything. Yes we were shit but move on. If the players had your attitude we'd lose every match.

Nah, Im just suggesting (light heartedly) that you might be miserable and cant see the good in anything. Yes we were s*** but move on. If the players had your attitude we'd lose every match.

I'd say they had a lot worse attitude than mine on Monday....

I've just watched the Arsenal game on repeat on TPS, Arsenal were imperious and Derby did nothing that they got right on monday.

Quality performance. Real football.

That Derby were ALLOWED to "get right on Monday"

I'm dreading the Arsenal game.

Even with the inevitable Arsenal reserves playing, a massive change in mentality and effort from the players is needed to avoid an embarrasment.

Guest firetotheworks

Nah, Im just suggesting (light heartedly) that you might be miserable and cant see the good in anything. Yes we were s*** but move on. If the players had your attitude we'd lose every match.

I'd say they had a lot worse attitude than mine on Monday....

Aye but were not playing that match again are we? We're allowed to have rough patches. If you genuinly believe there is no change in our transition than there was under Roeder or Souness then fair enough, but if you buy into the club in transition model then these things will happen. Get over it, we were shit, no doubt, but todays another game, dwelling on it as a fan is only going to have you actually looking for things to moan about during a match where every player is giving everything for the cause. How is having a consistently bad outlook going to help?

You must be thick Chez, one game was 5-0 to Arsenal, the over was 1-0 to Derby. You just look into things way too much.

Aye but were not playing that match again are we? We're allowed to have rough patches. How is having a consistently bad outlook going to help?

The answer to that is not with me, but with the manager and players.

They can put it all right.

But having one performance like that gives added doubt - if they'd been beaten and been unlucky, or bad refereeing, then the subsequent reaction would have been disappointment not anger.

But it was just a dreadful performance against the worst team in the league.

The worrying thing is - it bears all the hallmarks of the Roeder and Souness performances (and the last couple of dozen with SBR at the head)

That Derby were ALLOWED to "get right on Monday"

I'm dreading the Arsenal game.

Even with the inevitable Arsenal reserves playing, a massive change in mentality and effort from the players is needed to avoid an embarrasment.

Allardyce knows how to beat Arsenal though.

You must be thick Chez, one game was 5-0 to Arsenal, the over was 1-0 to Derby. You just look into things way too much.

Basically i'm therefore putting a grand on Arsenal beating us 6-0 next week. Its quite a system i've devised tbh.

Allardyce knows how to beat Arsenal though.

I thought he'd never managed it at Arsenal ?

Not sure and cant be arsed to check, i'm not into stats, i'm more intuitive, like i intuitively knew that Derby was going to be a tricky game and that we will come out of the blocks at top speed today. Its a form of mysticism.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye but were not playing that match again are we? We're allowed to have rough patches. How is having a consistently bad outlook going to help?

The answer to that is not with me, but with the manager and players.

They can put it all right.

But having one performance like that gives added doubt - if they'd been beaten and been unlucky, or bad refereeing, then the subsequent reaction would have been disappointment not anger.

But it was just a dreadful performance against the worst team in the league.

No arguing with that, and I agree. Although we should have had a penalty despite the shite performance. All Im saying is that if you're going to the match today then having all of this at the front of your mind is'nt going to help anyone other than west ham.

Basically i'm therefore putting a grand on Arsenal beating us 6-0 next week. Its quite a system i've devised tbh.

Fuck sake Chez I was trying to keep that a secret! What is going to happen to the odds now!

Fuck sake Chez I was trying to keep that a secret! What is going to happen to the odds now!

If we win today we will be million to one on to win at Arsenal, if not then it will be a miilion to one on that they win. Thats how it works.