Mort Interview (The Mag)

Thespence

Good read.

We have had most of the Northern Rock cash upfront. The next time they will give us cash will be 2010, will they be around by then?  The club will not  feed crap to journalist's as this does no good in long term. Fans to be dealt with as customers & not taken for granted that they will turn up every week.  The season ticket offer is to help the club get £'s over a period of time rather than a big hit in the summer. There were other bits & bobs mentioned but I have left my copy in the Powder Monkey (Wallsend).

Yeah, while Mort may possibly just be a  stereotypically sneaky lawyer with his own agenda (or a rich client's agenda), so far I've seen no proof of that and enjoyed reading everything he's said. He always seems positive, very intelligent, far-sighted and well-balanced in what he says. He also seems like he's prepared to leave the final say on footballing decisions with Allardyce, possibly because of his non-football background. At any rate, so far he gets top marks from me! (not that means anything)

Mort seems like a stand up guy and come across well in interviews, something the club has been lacking for years.  I personally think we are good hands.

I got the impression from the way Mort was talking in the Mag interview we'd be looking to continue the association with NR, if "things" are ok of course.

I look forward to the next interview with Mort.