Forget Riquelme

Guest sicko2ndbest

Maybe Newcastle were never after Riquelme after all? :undecided:

"I do not keep resentment to anybody. Here they(Villareal) have treated me well, but things happen in life."

"Juande Ramos was interested in taking me to Tottenham. But my family and I wanted to return home."

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/1a_division/villarreal/es/desarrollo/1062729.html

Seems like Spurs have rekindled their interest in Arshavin, although he will cost a lot more now than a couple of months ago.

Argentina playmaker Juan Roman Riquelme has revealed he turned down Spurs to move back to Boca Juniors.

Riquelme, 29, has been frozen out at Villarreal this season after falling out with coach Manuel Pellegrini.

He is now putting the finishing touches to his return to Argentina, but admitted Spurs had tried to sign him.

Riquelme, who has not played for Villarreal this term, said: "I thank Spurs for their interest but my family and I want to return home."

He added: "I am a simple person and all I want is to play football every Sunday.

"This move is the only chance I have to play at the next World Cup, which is the thing that motivates me most. Owen-esque :lol:

"People should know that of the three parties I am the one who has made the biggest effort and that I have offered to play a year for free with Boca.

"I have also told Villarreal they do not have to pay me what they owe me for another year and a half."  

------

Good lad