Sunday Sun Prints Optimistic Nut Post

Thespence

Quite ironic that Smith is castigated for his lack of goals - despite playing in midfield for the majority of games, and Emre is touted as a "top ball player" [who also doesn't score goals] and Nolan is written off [who does score goals]

:lol:

First time in a long while that i agree with Ne5. What we need is someone who makes things happen in midfield and gets stuck in, Nolan does both.

Quite ironic that Smith is castigated for his lack of goals - despite playing in midfield for the majority of games, and Emre is touted as a "top ball player" [who also doesn't score goals] and Nolan is written off [who does score goals]

:lol:

First time in a long while that i agree with Ne5. What we need is someone who makes things happen in midfield and gets stuck in, Nolan does both.

Not that i don't like players that stuck in, but I don't want a team full of these character... How boring would it be!

If Emre wants to leave this is the perfect opportunity to bring in the sort of player the we're crying out for in the middle, that player is not a Kevin fucking Nolan type grafter, we've already got too many of them as it is.

I take it nobody thinks he might be a replacement for Barton then

Could well be. I still don't think he's good enough though.

Barton? I don't think he's good enough either and is no use to anyone holed up at the Sporting Chance Clinic.

I don't think Nolan is particularly impressive either, a grafter perhaps, but he isn't a top class midfielder but is of course the type of player that TCA loves.

Guest sittingontheball

He's better than Barton or Smith in midfield, I would have thought. A bigger step up would be nice, but may not be on the cards. We also could do with a captain, assuming he's a decent one.

For the right price, it wouldn't be a bad move. Especially if the book is going to be thrown at Barton who's up twice now.

He's better than Barton or Smith in midfield, I would have thought. A bigger step up would be nice, but may not be on the cards. We also could do with a captain, assuming he's a decent one.

For the right price, it wouldn't be a bad move. Especially if the book is going to be thrown at Barton who's up twice now.

Barton is actually up 3 times which is why he was refused bail in the first place. He was on bail for an incident with a Liverpool taxi driver as well as the man City training ground thing when the latest incident occurred.

He's bad news and should not even have been out never mind out till 0530 seeing as we had a game 72 hours later.