Jürgen Klinsmann

sparta
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jurgen Klinsmann claims he received no offers from any English clubs before Bayern Munich moved for his services.

The former Germany international has agreed a deal to take charge of Bayern next season with Ottmar Hitzfeld set to step down in the summer.

Klinsmann had been linked with the Chelsea job before the appointment of Avram Grant, while most recently Liverpool were credited with an interest in the former Tottenham striker's services.

When asked why he had chosen Bayern over the Premier League, Klinsmann replied: "Because I did not have any offers from England."

"Bayern is the number one club in this country and I had a lot of other options, but this was by far the best offer I received."

Jurgen Klinsmann claims he received no offers from any English clubs before Bayern Munich moved for his services.

The former Germany international has agreed a deal to take charge of Bayern next season with Ottmar Hitzfeld set to step down in the summer.

Klinsmann had been linked with the Chelsea job before the appointment of Avram Grant, while most recently Liverpool were credited with an interest in the former Tottenham striker's services.

When asked why he had chosen Bayern over the Premier League, Klinsmann replied: "Because I did not have any offers from England."

"Bayern is the number one club in this country and I had a lot of other options, but this was by far the best offer I received."

Shame.