Are We Desperate for a Trophy?

gray
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest The Corner

A trophy would be fantastic and certainly the aim, but first and foremost we should get ourselves back up there playing decent football.

Spot on

Guest Knightrider

I don't think Newcastle fans even think about silverware anymore so in many ways it's irrelevant but I imagine the club itself does and is weighed down by our inability to end what is a miserable run of failure. The sooner we end that run the quicker we can move on as it's a monkey on our backs as a football club. Any success, regardless of how it comes, will be a huge huge thing I feel. I remember Keegan saying the first would open the floodgates but the longer we went on without winning the harder it would be to break and he's been proved very right despite some pretty close calls.

Guest bluegeordie

A Sophie's Choice tbh, but when forced to choose I suppose I'd have to say "get rid of the ugly one", meaning that I'd opt for "total football". 

Absolutely. A trophy yes. I have watched Keegans football and yes it was great. It still leaves us however, with a tag in the media of "but what did they win" so I am desperate for us to win one. I can watch videos and dvd's of the keegan era etc but at the end I just think about how we didnt end up with the ultimate joy of winning something

It may be vain but I am fucking fed up of the media and other fans having a pop at us so winning a cup clears up a whole group of thing for us.

Plus... how can we not want to see a player in a black and white shirt lifting a cup aloft ?