I do not want Houllier

Delima

Guest Mucky01

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7189443.stm

Houllier cool on Newcastle link

Houllier is currently working with the French Football Federation

Gerard Houllier has re-affirmed his commitment to the France Football Federation after he was linked with the Newcastle manager's job.

Former Liverpool boss Houllier is the FFF's technical director and is a contender to succeed Sam Allardyce.

But FFF president Jean-Pierre Escalettes revealed he has spoken to Houllier and been re-assured he would not be moving to Tyneside.

He said: "Gerard's word is enough for me. He works for us."

Escalettes added: "I talked to Gerard by telephone - he is on business for us in the United States at the moment - and he told me 'every time an English club is in difficulty my name comes up'.

"Gerard had an extraordinary image in England, I'm flattered to hear his name all over the place, I tell myself we made the right choice, everyone wants to have him."

Stop talking absolute tosh......... Houlliers team at Lyon played dynamic attacking football, packed with players full of pace....he brought Benzema into the 1st team as well helping take them to another level after Le Guen left.....and look what he has done at Rangers and PSG (???????)....

I get the impression whoever we are linked with you will pick all the negative points out of that person.....

Absolute tosh!!? Lyon play dynamic attacking football!!? Would you call West Ham football dynamic attacking football!!? He brought Karim Benzema into the team, because he was even younger when Le Guen was still in charge, and all his other senior strikers (Carew, Govou, Wiltord, Fred, Baros) either shagged each other's wife, lost form completely for a long period (under the very guidance of Houllier), simply not good enough (brought in by Houllier), or simply fell out with the manager who is Houllier. If he did not promote Karim Benzema from the youth team, how was him going to bring in a new striker to play outside transfer window?

I have been an advocate for Paul Le Guen in the past, I will not hide it, I am still an advocate for him, because I rate his potential. I recognise that Paul Le Guen has not performed well in Rangers and PSG, and I realise that's Newcastle would not gamble on another potential, that's why I am not proposing Le Guen right now, how the heck could you use Le Guen to refute my points?

And which "you" are you refering to? The plural you, ie the newcastle united fans, or the specific you ie me? We have been linked with soo many managers yet I have only openly been against 2 candidates ie Redknapp and Houllier. Where do you get the impression of me against every single manager we are linked?

You are the one who is talking absolute tosh.

Just for you information, if forced to choose between Houllier and Redknapp, I would go for the former. Houllier is still a better candidate compared to Redknapp, Shearer, Bruce, Souness etc. But I think we could do better and we should.

Of course if we eventually recruit Houllier as our new manager he will get my backings.

Guest Mcdonald36

Too much is made of all this attractive and attacking football garbage.

I'd rather we played good football, which to me means doing the basics properly, and won some trophies, which is always attractive,

Wenger has the most attractive team to watch in the league, but it will be in vain if doesn't win anything again this season.